Sublime Forum

Finally, a multi-platform Terminal running in Sublime Text

You still aren’t escaping the quotes correctly.

"font_face": "\"Operator Mono\",\"Source Code Pro for Powerline\""

I am just commenting on the JSON syntax. This should stop the Sublime error from popping up. Whether or not the setting works is something to take up with the author of the plugin.

0 Likes

Thanks so much! I’ve been so frustrated by this in the past.

0 Likes

What are folks using on Windows 10 for shell? Anyone get Clink working?

0 Likes

Just to followup I was digging through my old Windows notes and found TCC/LE
https://jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html

Works great in Terminus and gives me aliases, etc.

0 Likes

As the terminal output uses a normal panel or view control, I don’t think it’s possible.

0 Likes

Here are 2 problems I have in using Terminus.

The default WSL starting directory is /mnt/c/User/win_user_name, which is same as it in microsoft terminal.

In microsoft terminal, there is an option "startingDirectory" : "//wsl$/Ubuntu/home/ubuntu_user_name", that make WSL start at ~, so I try these

"cwd": "//wsl$/Ubuntu/home/ubuntu_user_name",
"cwd": "/home/ubuntu_user_name",
"cwd": "~",
"cwd": "C:/Users/win_user_name/AppData/Local/Packages/CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc/LocalState/rootfs/home/ubuntu_user_name",

neither of which works.

Second problem, I have installed zsh in WSL, when it is opened in ST3, there has extra spaces after each prompt

As you can see in this image, all I do is press enter in first line, type l, the s appears due to zsh autoseggestion, but the cursor is not right after l. The extra offset spaces behaves extremely weird. "font_face": "Sarasa Mono SC"

0 Likes

maybe related https://github.com/randy3k/Terminus/issues/130

0 Likes

Hi, great extension! How can I scroll back in terminal history in terminus (i.e. jump to last command executed)?

0 Likes

Just the up arrow?

1 Like

Terminal.app in OSX has a feature called “jump to previous mark” (cmd + UP) which is useful when you have a program that has a lot of output and you can have the terminal scroll back to the part where the last command was given.

I was wondering if Terminus had something similar.

0 Likes

Oic, it’s not possible at the moment. But definitely a useful feature.

0 Likes

I have a build system that opens the output in a new Terminus view/tab on macOS. I can then enter further commands in this new Terminus view/tab. However, when I press the up, down, right, or left arrows I get the following output respectively ^[[A, ^[[B, ^[[C, ^[[D.

Is it possible to change the output of the arrow keys to their default macOS behaviour in the new Terminus view/tab? This may be done in User Key Bindings. I would use this so I could press ‘command + left arrow’ to go the start of the line etc

0 Likes

They are the correct sequences to be sent to the terminal when those keys are hit. You are seeing those sequences because your program doesn’t (or has not yet) interpret them. What do you mean when you said the default behaviour? Do you mean going up and down like a regular file?

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply Randy. After the build opens the output in a new Terminus view/tab on macOS, I can then type in further commands. If for instance I’m typing one of these further commands and wish to go back to the start of the line to correct a mistake by pressing the left arrow, instead of moving the cursor I get the output of ^[[D. Is it possible so that pressing the arrow key moves the cursor as opposed to getting this output?

0 Likes

It is the duty of the program you are using to handle the arrow keys and that’s not the job of the terminal emulator.

For instance, if you use Terminus to open ipython, the arrow keys will work as expected. It is because ipython is handling those key sequences and put the cursor in the correct location.

0 Likes

Thanks Randy.

0 Likes

In v0.3.0, there is a new command terminus_exec which better resembles the original build system.

https://github.com/randy3k/Terminus#terminus-build-system

(see the dynamic console)

2 Likes

It doesn’t work if shell_cmd is specified but not cmd

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 1050, in run_
    return self.run(**args)
  File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Terminus\terminus\core.py", line 389, in run
    raise Exception("'cmd' cannot be empty")
Exception: 'cmd' cannot be empty
0 Likes

You are right. It doesn’t support shell_cmd (at least for now). You will need to either invoke your favorite shell or use the cmd argument.

0 Likes

v0.3.1 is out. Terminus now supports shell_cmd.

4 Likes