Ah, so "the glitch" was indeed a progress bar that I saw. It's kinda sleek, but I did not realize that it was a progress bar until you told me it was as it did not move or animate in any way.
Even if I close there problematic file, opening the next file has problems. The progress bar of the new file is at 100%, but the file wont open for a while. Maybe some sort of an rotating thing to show that work is being done, or some message about loading would be in order. Also it might be good to take a look at aborting the regexp if the file requesting it is closed.
Anyways, I sent you the file to your support email address.
Thanks again, I hope this helps.