Sublime Forum

File paths display in sidebar groups

I’m on build 4107. Before updating to the new major release (4.0?) the behavior for files displayed in the sidebar was that they’d show enough of the file path to disambiguate between files of the same name if there were two files having the same name open at the same time. Very helpful. After updating, it seems the behavior has changed. Now it seems like this disambiguation only happens on a per-group basis. So, only identically named files in the same group (left or right column, in a two-column view, for example) get the path appended to the displayed name.

I can see why this makes sense and cuts down on clutter, but it is a bit of an inconvenience for my working style because I really don’t mentally distinguish between what’s in the two groups. When I’m looking at the file list and I see manage.py in group 1 and manage.py in group 2, I’m usually not going to remember which is which. I would think this is the reason the feature exists in the first place.

It would be good if there was a preference to force the old behavior or perhaps a range of options (never paths, always paths, group-dependent, non-group-dependent, etc). Perhaps there is and I’m missing it?

The most recent update is incredibly chock full of great improvements, but this one little thing is an everyday impediment to me. Perhaps add it to the polish list?

0 Likes