Sublime Forum

Fedora Compile Failure

I’m just learning how to use Fedora,and I’m trying to setup Sublime Text because I prefer to have colors when I’m typing writing in Python. I’m new to Linux and the coding world, so some help would be much appreciated!

I keep running into this error when trying to compile anything, even if the syntax is incorrect. :frowning:

Help!

Output Below!

/usr/bin/python: can’t find ‘main’ module in ‘’
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 1]
[shell_cmd: python -u “”]
[dir: /opt/sublime_text]
[path: /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin:/home/chandler/.local/bin:/home/chandler/bin]

0 Likes

The last thing in the error that Python is giving you is the name of the file, but since it’s '' that means it thinks there is no file (hence it doesn’t know what to do).

Make sure you save your file before you try to build it; once you save it once, you can make sure that Tools > Save All on Build is checked and from that point forward it will save for you so you don’t have to remember.

0 Likes

Thanks so much! I probably should have tried this already, but hey, some of the hardest things are the simple ones! I appreciate your help, and quick response! Now I can continue learning the basics! :smile:

1 Like