Sublime Forum

Feature request: --set-upstream as push option

Please could --set-upstream/-u be added as an option for push? It’s very useful when working with multiple remotes to be able to do this alongside push.default = upstream

0 Likes

Hi @spume,

Thank you for sharing this feedback.

I’ve added this to the Sublime Merge issue tracker on your behalf. You can find the feature request here: https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues/811

Feel free to subscribe to the issue so you can receive any updates to the feature request.

Thanks,
- Dylan

2 Likes

Thanks very much Dylan!

0 Likes

Hi @spume,

This feature has been added in development build 2024, and will be added in the next stable build.

Thanks,
- Dylan

2 Likes

Erm, the changelog for build 2032 says “Improved --set-upstream behaviour” but now I can no longer switch my upstream branch once it has been set. I work with multiple remotes and my workflow often requires that I switch my local branch to push to a different remote, setting it as the new upstream.

Perhaps the logic should be to present the --set-upstream behaviour unless the proposed remote branch is already the upstream. At the moment it looks like the option is simply removed once it’s set, i.e. it cannot be changed.

0 Likes

This appears to be fixed in Build 2038 :tada:

0 Likes