Sublime Forum

Feature Request: Right click > un/stage selected lines/files

Hi,
I do have ux feature request:

I’d like to just right click on the selected lines and stage/unstage them.
Same for files: Instead of selecting each file, I’d like to extend my selection (i.e. while holding shift) and when right clicking on the selection, an option like ‘stage selected files’ would be awesome to have.

I am coming from Git-Cola and I really love this functionality. I switched to Sublime Merge because Git-Cola is to slow.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @sh4nks,

Thanks for sharing this feedback with the Sublime HQ team!

With regard to staging lines, I’d like to learn more about how the current setup affects your workflow.
Is it that the stage lines button / keybinding is too inconvenient, and you’d find it more convenient to access this functionality through a context menu?

With regards to staging multiple files, I’d definitely suggest following this existing issue on our issue tracker, and even giving it a thumbs up if it’s important to you! That way, you can receive any updates to this issue as it progresses.

Thanks again for sharing this feedback.
- Dylan

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast response.

and you’d find it more convenient to access this functionality through a context menu?

Yes exactly!

I didn’t know that there was already a issue. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I have given it my :+1:.

0 Likes