Sublime Forum

[feature-request] please fix the sshfs inaccessible folders

Hello, I gave sublime text a try but unfortunately my networks are setup using sshfs and sublime does not play well with it at all.
Main issue are inaccessible folders when using the project view sidebar, i’m not talking about symlinks, just regular folders that the sidebar is unable to look into.
I can access those folders contents by using file->open file or by actually adding those problematic folders to the project themselves, which is annoying to do because you then loose the hierarchy.

Okay new users can only post one image per post so bare with me here.
On that screenshot for example on the left you can see that exampleSite is accessible, but layouts is not on sublime text, yet to the right here’s a screenshot of visual studio accessing the exact same problematic folder in the same exact sshfs setup without any issue:
glued1

Here’s a simple ls command showing that those are indeed not symlinks (making that point because most forum issues talking about sshfs folders issue are related to symlinks).

% ls -l themes/krkrkrheme
total 21K
drwxr-xr-x 2 xse xse 3.5K May 29 03:03 archetypes
drwxr-xr-x 4 xse xse 3.5K May 29 03:03 exampleSite
drwxr-xr-x 2 xse xse 3.5K May 29 03:03 images
drwxr-xr-x 4 xse xse 3.5K May 29 03:03 layouts

I understand that i could setup a whole different way of accessing remote files on my networks like samba or smth else, but i mean sshfs is widely used and supported on so many different platforms like ssh is really a standard.
On top of that other editors have no issues accessing those folders.
This is totally a deal-breaker for me since nearly everything i access is on remote drives and I sshfs is what’s used across those many networks.
I feel like it shouldn’t be that hard to fix given that most editors i tried are able to do it.

Really hope you guys consider fixing it, I like sublime it looks really cool, it doesn’t use a huge amount or resources which is a quality I really value! But i just cannot use it that way and i won’t totally change the way remote files are accessed across those many networks just because a text editor doesn’t play well with sshfs.

Have a good day o/

EDIT: typo+format

0 Likes

Moved to https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/4314

0 Likes