Sublime Forum

Feature request: Ability to specify revision range

Loving the search feature so far! :smiley:

As I was going through trying to figure out what changed in our build process since our last release, I realized it would be awesome if I could restrict the search to a particular revision range. For example, I wanted to view all changes on master since the release/1.0 branch was taken. I’m hoping for something like:

revisions:release/1.0..master path:build.sh

Would something like this be possible?

0 Likes

I think this should be possible if you do the search just on the path: and then Control+Click (or Command+Click) the commit that’s tagged as that release? That should swap the commit that it’s using as the first end of the diff from the parent commit to the one you click; the header will show a Diffing From hash.

0 Likes

Oh, awesome! That’s quite useful :slight_smile:

That doesn’t quite cover what I was looking for though. I was looking to be able to specify two branches or revisions and be able to examine the individual commits between them. Part of the issue was that I didn’t know where in the history of that file the branches diverged. I would have to track that down separately/manually to know which commits to pay attention to, which is even more difficult when the common ancestor between the branches doesn’t include the file in question.

0 Likes

Here is something else that may prove to be useful. In the location bar:

1. Alt + click the eye next to master to hide all branches but master
  2. click the eye next to release/1.0 to also show this branch

Now you can visually see just the changes in both branches and determine how each progressed. However, search does not filter based on this feature.

0 Likes