Sublime Forum

Extremely glitchy dragging tabs between windows (build 3143)

Hi there, I updated to build 3143 and now I can hardly ever manage to drag a tab from one window to another.

Sometimes the tab jumps to some weird offset all the way across the screen while dragging it, and I can’t coax it to land in the right spot no matter what. Sometimes the tab disappears completely while dragging it, but then might reappear if dragging it further. Sometimes I can’t drop the tab back into the same window I just dragged it out of if I try doing that instead. Sometimes I can drop a tab into another window, but then I can’t drag it back again to the first window. And yet occasionally it does actually just work by chance!

Running on OSX 10.11.6 .

1 Like

maybe related:

0 Likes

Thanks kingkeith but it doesn’t seem to be quite related, since I don’t have any minimized windows.

0 Likes

How many displays do you have, and at what screen resolution? in case it helps the ST devs track it down

0 Likes

It’s a single display on a laptop, at 1680 x 1050.

Strangely enough the tabs seem to be dragging around ok right now. I did try restarting ST earlier to fix it, but that didn’t work at the time. But at least for right now it’s started spontaneously working better.

Cheers

0 Likes

I’ve been having this issue for a few months now. Dragging tabs to reorder will often pop them out into a new window. Also, simply clicking back and forth between tabs [somewhat] quickly, acts as a drag action, and tabs will again pop out into their own windows. This is veeery obtrusive and I’m not sure how I’ve been dealing with it this long :slight_smile:

I’m using several packages and I suspect the issue is with one of them:

A File Icon
LESS
Material Theme
Mercurial for Sublime
Package Control (duh)
Side Bar
Babel
ESLint
PlainTasks

The Material Theme does a bunch of stuff, including with the tab bar.

Here are my user settings:

{ "always_show_minimap_viewport": true, "bold_folder_labels": true, "color_scheme": "Packages/Material Theme/schemes/Material-Theme-Darker.tmTheme", "font_face": "Consolas", "font_options": [ "gray_antialias", "subpixel_antialias" ], "font_size": 8, "highlight_modified_tabs": true, "ignored_packages": [ "Vintage" ], "indent_guide_options": [ "draw_normal", "draw_active" ], "line_padding_bottom": 3, "line_padding_top": 3, "material_theme_contrast_mode": true, "material_theme_small_tab": true, "material_theme_tabs_autowidth": true, "material_theme_tree_headings": true, "overlay_scroll_bars": "enabled", "theme": "Material-Theme-Darker.sublime-theme", "word_wrap": true }
0 Likes