Sublime Forum

Extended intellisense

Hello,
i would really like to have extended Intellisense which takes advantage from following informations (sorted by importance):

1. Add combinations of words (or “phrases”) into intellisense.

Example: I’m in situation when I have only “public static function” in one particular file. There is nothing else that starts with “public” than “static function” and there’s even nothing else than “function” followed by “static”. As there are about 30 "public static function"s and nothing else starting with “public”, there is really huge probability, that i would like to use this phrase when i write “public”. This could be easily done with n-grams and frequency analysis.

1. Add simple “distance” meassure to choosing first item from intellisense (doesn’t work for function parameters).

Example:

function AddNumbers(firstNumber, secondNumber)
var AddedNumbers = ... here i start to write 'f' and intelli gives me "function" and not "firstNumber" which is closer... the same happens with 's', intellisense comes with "s", "switch", "static", ... not with "secondNumber"
end

Simple order of stuff in intellisense by distance from current cursor (sure, only to the left and up) could be fine.

If any of these features are already implemented and they need to be only turned on, please tell me,
thank you for the Sublimetext,
best,
LD

0 Likes

I assume this is comparable to the SwiftKey Android keyboard which suggests words based on the last words and what you have typed after that word (sequence) previously?

0 Likes