Sublime Forum

Export my own configuration files

Can I export my current configuration, including themes, plugins, and my own Settings,When I reinstall sublime,I was able to import the configuration files directly and hand over to sublime for one-click installation and configuration

0 Likes

Your specific configuration to Sublime (including the configuration for packages that you’ve installed) are stored in your User package, which you can get to by using Preferences > Browse Packages from the main menu or the command palette.

If you use Package Control, then all you need to copy to a new install is the content of the User package, and then install Package Control, and PC will automatically install all of your installed packages for you (this is documented in the Package Control sync documentation).

If you’re reinstalling or moving from one machine to another on the same operating system, then you could also use the above menu command and go up two levels in the file browser, which puts you at a Sublime Text folder; if you copy that entire folder to the same location on a new install, everything (including packages) will be carried over.

In this case you will need to re-enter your license information because Sublime stores the license key in a format that recognizes what computer it was entered on (though you can work around that by replacing the license file with a plain text version if you’re careful).

This will only work if you’re going from Windows -> Windows or Linux -> Linux and so on because some packages install different content depending on the operating system they’re installed for.

0 Likes