Sublime Forum

Error/warn icons in Sublime

As useful as these error/warn icons are when writing code, they’re not useful at telling the user what is wrong that it’s seeing to tell the user anything useful

Should at least have SOME bit of information when hovered over or clicked on, but it just sits there not telling the user anything useful. Unless I’m missing something that enables this, or some plugin I can add to make these more meaningful? rather than just sitting there and being useless at pointing out an error or warning in the code. It should at the very least reference an error of some kind when hovering over the icons like;

IndentationError: expected an indented block
SyntaxError: missing indentation; line 24
0 Likes

Which plugin is providing those icons in the gutter? Maybe there is some configuration possible

0 Likes

No plugin as far as I’m aware. This is built-in to the application itself. The code syntax for this file is Python 3.

0 Likes

I can assure you it isn’t built in :slight_smile:

1 Like

and how would you know? These side icons are always present when coding for any programming language by default when it has the correct syntax profile.

I can guarantee you that if you load up a file right now with syntax errors in it, they will show.

0 Likes

I don’t see those icons. Can you please run Preferences: Package Control Settings from the command palette and then paste here the value of “installed_packages” in the right-most view?

0 Likes

and how would you know? These side icons are always present when coding for any programming language by default when it has the correct syntax profile.

I can guarantee you that if you load up a file right now with syntax errors in it, they will show.

Keith would know because he’s been around long enough to know what does and does not ship by default. This is being done by a plugin. Sublime Text doesn’t even have the ability to check for syntax errors by default.

7 Likes

Looks like SublimeLinter to me.

0 Likes

remove package “python checker”

0 Likes