Sublime Forum

Error no 2 No such file or directory:

what does this mean and how do i fix it. also all my text is white,
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/usr/local/bin/python3.5’
[cmd: [’/usr/local/bin/python3.5’, ‘-u’, ‘’]]
[dir: /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS]
[path: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/share/dotnet:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands:/Applications/Xamarin Workbooks.app/Contents/SharedSupport/path-bin]

0 Likes

You have a very specific build system that wants to run python 3.5 but you only have 3.6 and 3 7 in your path.

Select the default “python” build system in the “build with” command.

0 Likes

Am facing same problem here can you explain the solution pls.@FichteFoll
Thanks

The Error
[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[cmd: [u’python’, u’-u’, u’C:\\Users\\new\\Desktop\\Python\\p.1.py’]]
[dir: C:\Users\new\Desktop\Python]
[path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared\C:Python27\C:Python\Scripts;C:\Users\new\AppData\Local\Programs\C:\Users\new\AppData\Local\Programs\Python]

0 Likes

You are missing a few semi colons in your path setting. I suggest looking up the path environment variable in some tutorial, if you’re at loss about this.

Also, you should definitely use ST3.

0 Likes

ST3 isnt compartible with python 2.7.14, is it?

0 Likes

ST3’s internal Python runtime is 3.3. However, you can hook up a build system to whatever you like, including an external 2.7 runtime.

0 Likes

ok.
but still cant get past original problem!

0 Likes

@TheLibero what @FichteFoll meant is that your %PATH% is not set up correctly, because you’re missing at least two semicolons, the symbol for delimiting a path. Below is an excerpt on how it should look:

... C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;\C:Python27;\C:Python\Scripts ...
                                              ^~~         |
                                                          ^~~ missing semicolons 

Note that you’re missing more than two semicolons.

1 Like

i’m a linux user my problem is showing like this;;

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘npm’
[cmd: [‘npm’, ‘install’, ‘-s’]]
[dir: /home/linux/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/Nodejs]
[path: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin]
can anyone help me

0 Likes

I had the same problem at a linux distro, with sublime text installed with flatpak . The fact that sublime was installed through a containerized environment was apparently the reason why it wasn’t capable of identifying the PATH variable, or maybe even outright incapable of accessing external shell commands (as i passed the absolute node path, and still did’t work).
Long story short, I’ve uninstalled sublime and installed it back again via my disro’s default package manager instead .

0 Likes

That’s exactly why we don’t provide a flatpak. Containerisation is fundamentally incompatible with development tooling. The only files ST has access to from within the flatpak container is your home folder.

0 Likes

I’ve even extended the app’s file system access permissions to be more encompassing and include the host OS as a whole, rather then the home directory confinement, still didn’t work , and instead i was solely given the ability to choose the files/dirs outside the scope of the home directory with open file/dir options .

0 Likes