Sublime Forum

Error loading colour scheme Packages/User/SBSCompareScheme.hidden-color-scheme: top level value must be a map

I’ve been using Sublime Text for a long time and for the 1-3 months, I get the following error on startup:

Error loading colour scheme Packages/User/SBSCompareScheme.hidden-color-scheme: top level value must be a map

Sublime Stable Channel Build 4143
(but has had this problem for at least the last two builds… 4142 and whatever came before, maybe even longer than that)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
Plenty of SDD space available

Using the default color schemes that I have always used. I’ve also tried changing between the standard color schemes and each gives me the same error message. I’ve tried hard coding the theme name into my config file, same issue.

See attached for a screenshot.

Once you clear the error (it comes up twice, same exact), the colors are all correct.

Just annoying to get that pop-up.

19%20AM

0 Likes

It’s an automatically created color scheme from Side-by-Side Compare plugin.

Looks like it created a malformed color scheme file.

I’d try to delete it and maybe restart ST to trigger re-creation. Otherwise a bug report at the package’s github repo might be useful.

1 Like

Where can I find that color scheme to delete it? I have the same annoyance, but removing the Side-by-Side Compare plugin didn’t make it go away.

0 Likes

You can get there via the menu, Preferences > Browse Packages. And then go to the User folder or whatever path is mentioned in the error message.

0 Likes

I am running into the same issue. Tried deleting the color scheme file, then got an error about not being able to load the color scheme. Closed and re-opened ST, got the same error about not being able to load the color scheme, then after it was re-created got the same top level value must be a map error. Uninstalled the side-by-side compare package, still got the error. Deleted the SBS color scheme, now still getting an error about not being able to load the color scheme.

Edit: I needed to close out all of the SBS windows that were saved in the session to make the error go away.

0 Likes

This was the solution for me as well. Close all side-by-side comparisons and restart Sublime.

0 Likes