Sublime Forum

Error code that prevents builds after re-start of computer

I have installed, and re-installed Sublime text3, and every time, after I close down my computer and re-boot, I get the following error when I build a short program that is absolutely bomb-proof.

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

My system:

iMac
Python 3.7.7.
OS Catalina (64-bit).

Rob

0 Likes

1 Like

That article recommended installing XCode Toolkit. I went to Apple’s developer download page, installed Comand Line Tools for XCode, and it now works! The only issue is that the installation says I need 2GB of available disk space to install it. Do I really need to forfeit 2GB of disk space to run SublimeMerge? What is in Command Line Tools, and is there a more lightweight alternative?

0 Likes

The original post was about Sublime Text and not Merge.

In any case, Merge on all systems ships with a bundled copy of Git, so if you installed the Command Line Tools just to have git support for Merge, that’s not required. If you go into the Advanced page of the Preferences, there’s an option for Git Binary; you can click the button to the right of the field and select Bundled to tell Merge to use that one.

However if you want to have Git support in the terminal too, this is less helpful. On the other hand, https://git-scm.com/download/mac indicates that besides the version that ships with XCode, you also have some other options that are presumably much smaller.

0 Likes