Win 10 x64 | Sublime Merge 1098
This problem was experience with SM 1097 and SM 1098 (I switched to Dev Builds to see if it was fixed).
When I rebuild some HTML documents (via Asciidoctor), SM shows the files as changed, reporting a new
<0x0d> (CR) at line ends. This is a false positive, for in my
.gitattributes HTML files are configured to be treated as text with native EOL normalization:
And if I open a Git shell and type
git status (which reports no changes) then SM refreshes its status too, and the HTML files no longer show up as unstaged changed.
For some reason, SM doesn't seem to be tracking EOL normalization as expected, and operation with the system installed Git shell update its status to the correct one. Probably, SM is not considering the fact that these files are normalized to native EOL, and sees the extra CR character in the local files which is not present in the checked-in files as an unstaged difference.