Sublime Forum

Encoding in Sublime

Hi all,

I just changed to Sublime Text 2 recently and am still testing it.

Context:
I have to program some weird software including the specific Encoding DOS CP-850 (Western European / IBM …) and need the editor show the view in that encoding (e.g. display “äöü” also as “äöü” and not some crazy crack).

Now I need some help. How can I change the Encoding View or something like that?

already tried:

• EncodingHelper-Package: it just turn the document to UTF-8. But I need it in CP850 …
  • add in Main.sublime-menu in the .config/sublime-text-2/Packages/Default/ Folder after

"caption": "Reopen with Encoding", "children":
this line

{ "caption": "CP 850", "command": "reopen", "args": {"encoding": "DOS (CP 850)" } },

As already said, I just started with Sublime, so I dont know very much about it :confused:

Hope Anyone can help

Greets
Selyn

System: Ubuntu 11.04

0 Likes

Unfortunately, Codepage 850 isn’t one of the supported encodings

0 Likes

Python support more encodings, including cp850.

EncodingHelper plugin is already able to open a cp850 encoded file and convert it to utf8 (I suppose as I don’t use it), so now what you need is a plugin to write the file back as cp850 encoding and not utf8.
I think a plugin that do that (or an expanded version of EncodingHelper) will be useful for some people, but I’ve no time now to look at it.

0 Likes

Not having support for CP850 is kind of a deal breaker for me (being Swedish). Unfortunate since Sublime Text looks like it could be the first editor I would be willing to pay for. :cry:

Will CP850 be supported in Sublime Text 3?

0 Likes