Sublime Forum

Empty Project? Oh No It Isn't!

Started an new project, with nothing in it and added an empty folder.
Should I expect these two folders from another project in my brand new empty project ?

Empty%20project

Final Project was the empty folder, how come Big Mandlebro and ttmath-0.9.2 have appeared.

Easy to get rid off, but it’s a bit of work I shouldn’t expect to do ?
Happens regularly is this expected behaviour ?

Cheers,
Loz

0 Likes

Can you record some sort of screen recording of yourself adding a single folder to a project and having multiple folders added? I’ve been using Sublime across multiple versions for almost 5 years and I’ve never seen this happen or seen anyone else reporting it happening except by doing something like subl -a to add a folder to an existing window.

0 Likes

Hopfully this’ll come out … No, it’s got to be a gif, hangon will have to find an mp4 to gif converter…Procrastination

0 Likes

Take 2: Nut’s it’s too big (I love ffmpeg, tho)…I guess the answer is no I can’t sorry.

The new Project Folder is in “Big Mandelbro (t)” along side ttmath-blar. But there are other folders in Big Mandelbro too that aren’t included…

Sorry out the vid/gif (It’s only about 12 seconds !)

Ps could you suggest a cloud sharing service pls ? I guess I should get into the 21st century (kicking and screaming all the way…)

0 Likes

Well, exactly what steps are you taking to add the folder? And what OS and version of Sublime are you using?

0 Likes

The OP has it really…
Project => New Workspace for Project
Save Project As (in empty folder)
Add folder to Project (the empty folder).
ctrl+k, ctrl+b to show side bar.
ST3 3211 Linux Mate 17.1
I did try dropbox, two hours of sh$t !
I could email you mp4 ?
L

0 Likes

Are you doing this from a window that already has a project associated with it? New Workspace for Project will create a new window that has a duplicate of the project information from the current window, in which case if you added a folder you would indeed see all of the folders from the previous window plus one more.

If you want to start a new project, create a new window instead, and then add a folder to it and save the project.

2 Likes

Well done, that’s 2.5 down 1.5 to go !!

0 Likes