Sublime Forum

Editable perspective

In many IDEs like Code::blocks we can change the persepective, go back to default persepective, even create my own persepective and save it with a name. And I think it’s a cool feature.

0 Likes

Well, could you define what this “perspective” means for those of use that have never used Code::blocks before ?

0 Likes

In Code::blocks here is the default perspective.

And I can drag every tab here. You can see that every tab here has its own title bar and cross button. If I close them, I can get them via View => <the tab name>. For example, if I close the management window (where I wrote workspace, you can see the name of that tab is management at title bar), I can get them by going to view then, I will check manager box.
And if I drag the management window, like this:-
And then drag it in right like this:-

It just changes the look of the editor. And I can get the back the default view by going to view -> perspectives -> Code::blocks default

I know that in sublime everything is not a separate tab, but it is cool when we can change the view of the editor in our own wish. Hope you understand what I mean by “perspective”.

0 Likes

Toolbars were a thing in Sublime Text 1 but since then have been removed. There is an open issue on the official issue tracker for adding it back (though I doubt it will ever be added back).

Regarding the so called “management” window (which might be compared to sidebar in ST with no features like tabs etc.), there currently isn’t a way to change it’s position either or drag it. ST also has panels (like the output exec panel, find panels etc. whose position is fixed to the bottom of the window). None of these elements can change their place (And there will be issues for them as well on the tracker).

ST isn’t very flexible (or maybe not flexible at all) like Code blocks or Visual Studio, when it comes to dragging & dropping different visual items to different places in the editor.

0 Likes

That’s why I suggested this, otherwise, I wouldn’t. :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

0 Likes