Sublime Forum

Each variable in a different color? How to disable?

Hi,
When I program in PHP Sublime Text 3 shows each variable in a different color. Is it possible to configure so that all variables have a single color? Please describe me how to do it step-by-step as I already researched the internet and only saw very complex things to solve the problem.
I am using the Color Scheme “Celeste”.
Please, help me.
Kind regards,
Rafael Conrado

0 Likes

This behavior is a feature of the Celeste color scheme. It defines a so called hashed color to highlight each word in its unique color.

You could either use another color scheme or create an overriding Celestre.sublime-color-scheme in your User package to disable the hashed color.

I guess the ladder one might not result in something useful though.

0 Likes

That’s the problem! How to create an overriding Celestre.sublime-color-scheme in your User package to disable the hashed color?

0 Likes

The easiest way is by installing PackageDev and then call PackageDev: Edit Current Color Scheme from command palette. It opens the color-scheme in a side-by-side view the same way as settings are.

Then you’d need to find the rule which defines the hashed colors on the left side and copy it over to the right and modify the foreground key then.

But I guess the result will not be satisfying in that certain case.

0 Likes