Sublime Forum

Duplicate characters in terminus

I have sublime text version 3.2.2. When I open the terminus and type anything I get duplicate character for every thing that I type. I am not sure what is causing this. Anyone else facing this?

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

1 Like

I am also having this issue anybody have a fix?

0 Likes

This sort of issue looks suspiciously like a local echo problem that might occur if you were to have say telnet echo your input back to you while the remote shell was also doing the same thing. There may also be something similar to that effect when using ssh as well, I’m not sure.

Something to try (if you’re on MacOS or Linux) would be to run stty -echo inside of the Terminus view to see if that stops it from happening; that tells the terminal to not echo its input back, which may cause the problem (stty echo is the inverse to turn echoing back on).

Something to check might be to turn on command logging in the Sublime console with sublime.log_commands(True) and then type something into the terminal and check the console to see what was logged for commands.

Except for the commands that show the console, you should only see terminus commands being logged while you’re typing into the terminus view, so seeing something else in there might be an indication that some other package or plugin is also triggering something.

A bit of a shot in the dark, but I’ve never personally experienced this issue and I’ve been using Terminus across all OS’s without incident for a while now.

0 Likes

I suddenly had the same issue very recently.
Using @OdatNurd recommandation on turning on command logging in the Sublime console with sublime.log_commands(True), I found out that another package was conflicting with Terminus. Deactivating the other package solved my Terminus problems.

0 Likes