Sublime Forum

Dreaming Text Editor/IDE

Sublime Text 4 + Monokai Pro Theme + LSP + SublimeLinter = Dreaming Text Editor/IDE.

6 Likes

You don’t need Sublime Linter if you have LSP :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I thought LSP is mostly for auto complete?! Maybe I am wrong :thinking:

Wouldn’t Sublime Linter still be useful to run other linting features like code analysis and recommendations?

Btw. I am running almost the same setup, only with AYU (dark and light) as my color theme :grimacing: well and Sublime 3.

Is 4 out yet?

0 Likes

It has been in private beta for almost a year on the official discord channel. If you are a licensed ST3 user, you can use ST4 right away. Since they are essentially dev builds, you require a license for it, if you don’t have one. However, there is no word yet by the developers on when it will be released publicly. You can join the discord channel & access the new builds and provide any feedback as well.

0 Likes

It usually comes with linting as well (and usually better than a linter since the LS should have full knowledge of user’s project). And probably other IDE features like documents, function signature hinting, refactor/renaming, go to definition/declaration/implementation/blah…, find variable references etc…

A decent LS provides far more than just autocompletion.

0 Likes

You don’t need Sublime Linter if you have LSP :slight_smile:

90% agree but

2 Likes

If anyone use Sublime Text on macOS. ST4 introduced a new setting called show_tab_close_buttons_on_left which will make the tab close button on the left.This feature will make Sublime Text feels more native on macOS. ST 4 feels more native and faster, with the help of LSP I don’t know any reason to use VS Code.

0 Likes

tmp

I couldn’t start lsp-vue, in st 4.

0 Likes

Do you have an up-to-date Node.js runtime?

0 Likes

Or rather just ask your question in a new issue here https://github.com/sublimelsp/LSP-vue/issues

0 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

0 Likes

thanks alot for the information.

0 Likes

Again thanks a lot.

0 Likes