Sublime Forum

Dragging cursor doesn't select first character

Drag select does not pick up the first character. I’m using Sublime Text 3. I have to try and remember to select the character 1 space to the left or right, however this will not work if it’s the first character or last character in the line.

0 Likes

maybe you can upload a video showing the problem? What platform (OS) are you on?
are you using the latest ST build at the time of writing (3126)?

0 Likes

Here’s a quick video of the issue:

I’m not sure if you can tell from the image, but I’m clicking before the / the first time and on the second drag I’m clicking before the < tag.

I’m using Windows 10 and I have the latest build (3126) installed.

0 Likes

hmm interesting, I see what you mean.

More questions, to try to narrow down the problem: does making the font size bigger help?

are you using a HiDPI monitor / display scaling? and are you using the default font?

I’m assuming you don’t have any packages installed that are overriding the default mouse selection behavior?

0 Likes

Thank you for your help! I tried making the font larger within Sublime which didn’t help. I checked my display settings (which were set at the default 100%). I then uninstalled the few packages I’d installed within Sublime with exception to Package Control. Correction - it’s still not working as it should be working. I thought it was fixed, but it’s still selecting one character over from where I click - especially when clicking on the first character in the row.

Thank you for your help - any other ideas?

0 Likes

does setting a higher margin setting help? i.e. in your User preferences: "margin": 12

are you using the default theme?

0 Likes

I tried a larger margin and it doesn’t make a difference. I have one of the default themes chosen as well.

0 Likes