Sublime Forum

Double clicking on project file opens project twice

I would like to launch a specific sublime project from windows explorer. However, when I do this, often two windows will be opened. This basically happens when I exit sublime without going out of my way to close the previous project. Sublime opens, launches the previous project, and then opens a new window with the project I double clicked on.

For example, say I have Project X open in Sublime. If I run the “Close Project” command, the next time I double click on project_x.sublime-project I will only get one window open. But if I forget to run the “Close Project” command and just close the window, then the next time I click on project_x.sublime-project Sublime will re-open the last closed project (Project X) and then open another window with Project X.

This is pretty annoying. I could see two ways to fix this:

1. A setting that automatically closes all projects when exiting the last sublime window
  2. A setting to not auto-open the last project that was worked on

Either of these is acceptable to me but I don’t see any settings to control this behavior. Can anyone help?

0 Likes

I think there is no way to control this behavior atm without disabling hot exit:

0 Likes

wow, that’s from 2013. :frowning:

I disabled hot_exit and that’s good enough for now, though losing the last opened files in a given workspace is annoying.

Thanks

0 Likes