"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Vintage"
	],
	"tab_completion": false,
	"preview_on_click": true,
	"open_files_in_new_window": false
}

I am having hard time understanding why exactly all of my tabs vanished, and now; every file on double click opens in same window instead of opening in the new tab.

How do I make sure that single click will preview and double click will open the file in the project in new tab?

Here are the screenshots -
Select, double click on Sitepad essential.txt- opens in a window, as shown below.

Now, as shown below, when I double click on hi.txt it opens in the same window. The desired behavior is to open hi.txt in new tab on double-click

Note - Setting preview_on_click to false did not solve the problem either.
Also, clearing cache form ~\Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\Package Control.cache did not solve the problem.
Also, I was working with two panes before this happened. (a wild guess just in case)

0 Likes

How to make double click highlight a word?

Are you using the default theme?

"preview_on_click": true will open a new tab with the file in preview mode. That is, as soon as navigating away, the tab will be closed.

"open_files_in_new_window" is only for OS X and affects if a new window is created for files opened from Finder or dragged onto the editor.

If all of your tabs disappeared, try using the View menu and look for Show Tabs to see if they are set to hidden right now.

A nit, but the P in Preview_on_click needs to be lowercase for the setting to be read.

0 Likes

@wbond I am using cobalt theme (updated the questions accordingly, thanks for the nit tip). yes, I played around with multiple themes. Would that be a cause of problem?
View>Show Tabs did not solve the problem.

0 Likes

Using a color scheme should not affect tabs.

Can you post a screenshot so I can see what it looks like and make sure I am not misunderstanding?

1 Like

updated the question
@wbond

0 Likes

It appears you have tabs hidden. Without tabs shown, you will only ever see a visual indication of the current file.

Does the menu indicate that tabs are shown? If so, it should say Hide Tabs. If tabs are hidden, it will say Show Tabs.

0 Likes

@wbond - I can see show tabs
And it does work if you click on show tabs
Also, Clearing cache solved the problem last time. But this time, it does not seem to solve.

0 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understand, you indicated that setting Show Tabs solves the problem, correct?

0 Likes

No, that did not solve the problem. Show Tab has no effects, i.e. even if you click on show Tabs, no tabs are shown.
@wbond
(Apologies for late reply - Damn, the 500 error!)

0 Likes

Something sounds messed up. I have never seen Show Tabs to not work.

Can you post the contents of your Sublime Text console?

0 Likes

https://gist.github.com/utkjad/511191bd32b5f2b1b48c

@wbond
I removed sublime linter and now when I saw that it is causing error, again installed it just now.

0 Likes

@wbond
Eventually I ended up reinstalling sublime again.

0 Likes