Sublime Forum

Documentation for show_popup()

Hi Guys,
I have looked at the Sublime API() documentation, I cannot find anything for show_popup() API. Is there some unofficial documentation for it?

Thanks,
Rajah

0 Likes

I don’t know if it’s been documented, but you can see an explanation of it here.

0 Likes

If I cannot find it online I always look at sublime.py and sublime_plugin.py which can be found packaged with your app. On Windows they are in the packages folder. Not sure on other systems. Either way these will have the latest API functions for everything you can access through the Python modules.

These are always worth a review when exploring new functionality.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response guys. I see a lot of .package files in the package folder. Which one should I look under? I have package resource viewer installed. I tried Default.package and does not seem to be part of it.

0 Likes

Nevermind, looks like they are in the root folder of sublime installation and not under packages.

0 Likes

The default location is set to -1. I am looking for details on the location parameter. I want to place the popup at a certain location.

0 Likes

The “location” is a “point” integer value as referenced in other places in the API, such as View.row_col or any Region property. It’s a text location.

1 Like

[Proof Of Concept] Visual Progress Bar