Sublime Forum

Disturbing shortcut since update sublime text 4

Hi,

Since the last update, i have some windows very anoying. How could i disabled it ?

ademander

For exemple : When i write <?php and push enter to skip one line, it replace by phpcredits() immediatly

It happened for many thing, everytime, i really need to skip it

Thx for your time and sorry for my english

1 Like

Same for Ruby. I type in “do” keyword, then I hit enter to make a line break, but instead I’m getting awkward “double” from syntax completion only because I’m calling a method of this name somewhere. And I bet it’s a frequent case because that method is part of RSpec, a very popular testing framework. Extremely annoying indeed.

0 Likes

And sometimes, i really don’t understand what link it could find to suggest some stuff

why

0 Likes

Same here, this is really annoying. Anyone figure this out yet?

0 Likes

This one will be fixed by https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/pull/2853. To be specific, modifications for PHP/PHP.sublime-completions.

It could take a quite long time to make that PR merged though.

OP’s issue is tricky…

0 Likes

Well, this is a shame…I choosed this software beceause it doesn’t have this kind of huge mistake to force writing code unwanted…
Dreamweaver have the same problem, i don’t understand why this kind of behavior is allways by default…
What a mistake !

0 Likes

had downgrade to ST3, because of this issue

0 Likes

I’m waiting for a solution

0 Likes

How did you donwgraded it ?

0 Likes

I had a copy of ST3 on a second laptop. just uninstall st4 and install st3 and copy file from st3 which on a second laptop.
but from this post Sublime Text 4 Update FAQ seems that you can just install st3 over st4 and it will work

0 Likes

Thx, when i get some time, i will do it :grinning:

0 Likes

it works like that on windows and mac os. don’t know about linux. those guys have weird and different way to manage programs or in their case; packages.

0 Likes

any news on how to keep St4 and disableing this bad feature ?

1 Like

I found a workaround: using TAB for auto-completion.
To enable this, go to Preferences ==> Settings (or Settings - Syntax Specific) and add this line:

"auto_complete_commit_on_tab": true,
0 Likes

@ gE0013
Strange, i added this line, and reboot sublime text, but i still have the same probleme
i tryed to put this line into Setting - syntax Specific and Settings, but nothing work on my side

0 Likes

Wait, i just understoud
It work, but it show all possibility, but i can only validate it with TAB and no more Enter
It’s pretty usefull, thx very much gE0013 !

1 Like

Here’s another workaround: I created a new code snippet, PHP specific, that is currently working pressing ENTER (no need to change habits):

<snippet>
		<content><![CDATA[
	<?php
		${1:code here}
	?>
	]]></content>
		<tabTrigger><![CDATA[<?php]]></tabTrigger>
		<scope>source.php</scope>
	</snippet>
0 Likes

New update today, i was full of hope, but no, build 4113 keep this dumb and no sens autocompletion system…
pretty sad :unamused:

0 Likes

0 Likes

Not yet on Package controle inside ST4, or maybe i’m doing something wrong

0 Likes