Sublime Forum

Distraction free mode customization

Hi all,

In distraction free mode I’d like to have:

a) the tabs visible (I mean the filename tabs)
b) hide the menu (which surprisingly is visible)
c) show the line numbers

Regarding line numbers I tried with {“line_numbers”: true} but it’s not working for me

Cheers,
Lorenzo

0 Likes

A)

+1

I love distraction free but most of time I’m working on multiple files. I think it’s not incompatible and Chrome got it right (on Mac only):

When the mouse is on top (for a short time?), show the tabs. Also when switching tabs via PgUp/PgDown also show the tabs for a brief moment.

B) My menu is hidden

C) Line numbers can be shown if you configure distraction free mode (json user file).

0 Likes

@lbolognini, @wernight:

• You need to set "gutter": true to make "show_line_numbers": true work.
  • You can toggle the tabs and / or menu visibility via the command palette.

On another note, I suggest using either DistractionFreeWindow or distractionless.

0 Likes

a) +1

b) I can’t also hide the menu via setting. Contents of my “Distraction Free.sublime-settings”:

{
  "menu_visible": false
}

c) as already said, you just need:

{
  "gutter": true,
  "line_numbers": true
}

Version: ST3b3126

0 Likes

@VipSaran Hiding the menu works fine on ST3125 dev x64 portable on Windows. I assume you are on OSX? Toggling the menu doesn’t work there.

0 Likes

Nope. On Win 10, 64bit. And I’m not talking about toggling the menu (which works fine), but controlling it via (Distraction Free) setting.

0 Likes

So, no one has idea how to control the Menu visibilitz via Distraction Free setting? :disappointed:

0 Likes

@VipSaran You might be lucky and @wbond fixes it in the next build. Also try a search here or add a new entry:

0 Likes

apparently, although you can’t hide it from a setting, if you hide the menu in distraction free mode, it will remember your choice the next time you are in distraction free mode (I guess it saves it in the session)
source:

0 Likes

Thanks. This helps in the meantime.

0 Likes

I’m also on win10 and have no problems anymore with DF, no menus or whatever. You can:

• set the settings editing a sublime-workspace file of your project (while the project isn’t open)
  • use PackageResourceViewer to open DF settings, change the original and save (the user settings you can edit through the menu do nothing, this is surely a bug)
  • if you still have the menu, you can disable mnemonics from main.sublime-menu (but packages can add them too)

I even use DistractionFreeWindow so that I can have 3 different fullscreen modes, with/without tabs, with/without minimap etc

0 Likes