Sublime Forum

Displaying class memebers in the completions drop-down window

Hey, guys.

How would I go about setting up Sublime to display class members (mostly concerned with JS ATM, but otherwise would like to see that functionality for my C/C++, Python, Java, PHP etc. projects as well).

The plugins I currently use (I can list them, if necessary) enable this functionality when it comes to built in classes (for example, after typing “console.” I get a list of members, such as clear, log, timeStamp etc), but my own classes aren’t recognized.

One of the v4 builds I tried seem to offer this functionality (sort of), but not v3 (3211), which is what I’m still using.

Good directions which would help me overcome this obstacle would be very much appreciated.

Best regards!

0 Likes

If you want to have custom things completion, the LSP plugin is the best choice by far imho.

0 Likes

Yeah, tried it.

Couldn’t get it to work (maybe I missed something).

0 Likes

it is a client. you have to install the server as the document suggests.

0 Likes

Yeah, did that too (like I said, didn’t work).

0 Likes

You’ll have to at least tell,

1. What did you try ? (Detailed steps)
  2. What did you expect ?
  3. What happened instead ?

Just saying it doesn’t work, doesn’t help in knowing what the problem is.

0 Likes

1. Ok, I thought it went without saying that I followed the instructions from the official documentation

https://lsp.readthedocs.io

… so as not waste other people’s time, but maybe I should have wrote that down.

1. The first post mentions my expectations (to see the suggestions in the drop down window for class members of the classes from my projects (members for JS’s built in classes do show up, so that’s not a problem)).

2. The class members aren’t showing (except for the ones of built in classes).

Maybe my Node installation is corrupted, I’m checking that out ATM …

0 Likes

For JS you can install the LSP-typescript package. It’ll auto-install the necessary server files and it’ll provide a correctly configured client configuration.

0 Likes

Tred that as well.

The issue here is probably ‘dumb’, but I promise you it’s not of the RTFM type. I tried many, many things so far.

I like working things out myself and helping others, but I don’t particularly like asking for help (I do that only when I’ve thoroughly exhausted my own resources).

I’ll go back to ‘woodshedding’ and I’ll report what comes out in a few days …

0 Likes

Update:

Yesterday I had time to look into the issue and (TLDR) apparently it was node :thinking:

Tried once more all the steps regarding the plugin installation we all mentioned before; didn’t work. After that, thoroughly uninstalled and then re-installed ST, that didn’t help either.

Lastly, I uninstalled Node and then installed the newer version (and ST and the plugins) and it worked.

I’m not sure what the issue really was, but bevertheless, LSP now works great (the whole schebang, JS, Python, C/C++, C#, CSS, PHP and I’m sure others will too).

Couldn’t be happier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’ll like the improvements made in ST4 then.

1 Like

I’m sure I will.

Haven’t delved into v4 so far though …

0 Likes

Yeah, it all seems to be working even better in v4.

Good stuff!

0 Likes