Sublime Forum

Disabled fonder scanning with "index_files":false not working

Hello. These are my settings:

{ "font_size": 13, "ignored_packages": [ "Vintage" ], "highlight_line": true, "preview_on_click": false, "index_files":false }

Al settings working fine, excerpt “index_files”: false, because each time I open Sublime Text 3, the files are scanning.
How can I disable actually files indexing?

Thanks.

1 Like

Try setting:

"index_exclude_patterns": ["*.*", "*"],
0 Likes

You are seeing the indexer load the files and index the symbols in them, or you are seeing the contents of the folder being listed? The later will happen no matter what, since that is used for the sidebar and the Goto Anything quick panel.

You can use the Help > Indexing Status menu to confirm that indexing is happening.

0 Likes

I am seeing the indexer load the files and the spinner image on them.
I tryed the setting:
"index_exclude_patterns": ["*.*", "*"],
but always indexes when opening a directory tree.

And as you can see in the attached image, the index status is always idle, despite the directories are indexing

FYI: I am using a SFTP connection as Nautilus network drive.

0 Likes

The spinner in the sidebar indicates that Sublime Text is listing the contents of the folders, not indexing the contents of the files.

Sublime Text it built in such a way that in lists the contents of all subfolders of folders opened. It does this to popular the Goto Anything list. There is no way to disable this functionality.

1 Like

Thanks @wbond
Is there any way to load each directory “on demand” (when click on it) instead of “automatically” (all children)?

I use Nautilus network drive and it is more advantage the load on demand.

Thanks

0 Likes

No, there is not.

0 Likes

This index files feature causes Mac OS X system crashes

0 Likes

This topic is not about “indexing”, but simply enumerating all files in a folder.

I do not know of any bugs related to indexing, or file enumeration causing macOS/OS X system crashes.

0 Likes

May you reproduce it on a clean Sublime Text Install?

1. Reverting to a clean state (backup your data)
0 Likes