Sublime Forum

Disable “Update Available” pop up?

I’ve been using sublime text on Linux for years. I’ve now installed FreeBSD, and after installing sublime text on it, I keep getting this Update Available popup. Researching how to solve this, I ran across this item: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/solved-disable-update-available-pop-up/1381

Really? Why is this not enforced in Linux? Or did no one notice? If this is intentional, then why do you not treat FreeBSD the same as Linux? This is confusing.

Sublime text is not my daily driver, I just use it to open reference code when I need to compare to what I’m actually working on with VSCode. I mainly use SublimeText because I like the appearance, but my intent is not to violate your licensing, so if this is an issue on Linux, please let me know I’ll just use GEdit or Scintilla or one of the myriad others available.

0 Likes

Wondering what kind of licensing you would violate?

0 Likes

We have zero BSD specific behavior/code in ST. You can use the “Check for updates periodically” checkbox to disable update checking if you have a license. This is the same on all platforms.

0 Likes