Sublime Forum

Disable <ESC>aping to COMMAND MODE

Hello!
I just migrated to Sublime 3. Everything is beautiful, but packages and settings are more closed/packed. So, I really do not know how to disable triggering COMMAND MODE. The thing is, if you want to go out from Find or FindAndReplace etc., you typically use . Then it triggers COMMAND MODE and you are doomed to press . This is a bit annoying and I wonder if I could disable it.

Many thanks!
PM

1 Like

Rebind esc in your user key bindings. First bind it to nothing (e.g. “noop”), then rebind it to everything it’s bound to in the default bindings file, except for the leaving command mode thing.

0 Likes

Ok, these are entries that I have in the Default Key Bindings:

{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "single_selection", "context":

{ "key": "num_selections", "operator": "not_equal", "operand": 1 }
		]
	},
	{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "clear_fields", "context":

{ "key": "has_next_field", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
		]
	},
	{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "clear_fields", "context":

{ "key": "has_prev_field", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
		]
	},
	{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "hide_panel", "args": {"cancel": true},
		"context":

{ "key": "panel_visible", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
		]
	},
	{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "hide_overlay", "context":

{ "key": "overlay_visible", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
		]
	},
	{ "keys": "escape"], "command": "hide_auto_complete", "context":

{ "key": "auto_complete_visible", "operator": "equal", "operand": true }
		]
	},

I do not see here “command_mode” or “visual_mode”. Why do I have then this behavior?!
To add to this weirdness, I did disabled “Vintage” from the start!

Please, help!

Best, PM

0 Likes

I figured this one on my own. You need to put exactly this into your Settings - User:

"ignored_packages":

"Vintage"
	]

That is it. My original Settings - User did not have square brackets. This might be a leftover from ST2. I really do not know, but this now works.

Best, PM

1 Like

striatum,

Thanks for this! Command Mode has been driving me crazy. I already had an ignored package. I took a guess and added “Vintage” after a comma. Seems to work!

[code] “ignored_packages”:

"SublimeERB",
	"Vintage"
][/code]

Mark

0 Likes

Can you please explain. I entered CTRL+SHIFT+P to access and selected “Key Bindings” searched for “ignored_packaged” no such word found.

0 Likes

ignored_packages is a setting, it’s not a key binding. You want to select Preferences > Settings from the menu and not Preferences > Key Bindings to get to it.

0 Likes

I had the same problem. "Vintage" is an "ignored_packages" in the default preferences. Using package manager to disable a package I installed created an "ignored_packages" settings in the user preferences, which overrides default preferences.

I manually edited this list in the user preferences later on, removing "Vintage" by accident.

By the way, the correct syntax is:

"ignored_packages":
[
    "SublimeERB",
    "Vintage"
]

You can disable as many packages as you want. If you only want to disable “Vintage” you don’t need this user preference at all, it is disabled per default. As long as you leave that

"ignored_packages":
[
]

don’t forget it’ll override your default settings.

0 Likes