Sublime Forum

dir_exclude_patterns not working

Hello, is anyone having this problem: the dir_exclude_patterns seem to be ignored. This was working at one time but no more, no matter what I put in there, it shows me everything.

This is in build 2126

This is what I have in my project file:

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"dir_exclude_patterns":

".*",
			"*cover*",
			"*image*",
			"*ackup*",
			"frame*",
			"*oghouse*",
			"plex",
			"moderator",
			"api",
			"remote*",
			"local*",
			"automator*"
		],
		"file_exclude_patterns":

".git*",
			".*",
			"Ple*",
			"optimizing*",
			"policy*",
			"jquery*",
			"php*",
			"triangle*",
			"authorized_keys"
		],
		"path": "/correct_path_to_folder"
	}
]

}[/code]

0 Likes

folder_exclude_patterns is the key you’re after

0 Likes

Thanks John, I could have sworn I read it was dir in the docs somewhere…

0 Likes

when I add a folder to a project that already contains a folder_exclude_patterns clause, the project file is regenerated (so far so good) and all instances of folder_exclude_patterns are replaced by dir_exclude_patterns, which is not honoured.

I am using version: 2133 windows x32 channel: dev
update: this is still the case in build 2134

Two features would nicely complement this:

• regexp support (for instance: static directory excluded by both “static” and “st.tic”)
  • expose the full path to the pattern so I can for instance exclude public/static while keeping application/static

First post. I have been trying out sublime for a couple of days and I must say the name is actually an understatement. It is beyond that. I have been coding for 15 years and it feels that I have at last found home. Registration will follow my next paycheck.

0 Likes

Similar for me, somehow (and I can’t quite say how) my project preferences were overwritten with dir_ instead of folder_ and the unwanted folders came back. Took me a while to figure out it had changed.

0 Likes

Thanks for the report, will fix for the next build.

0 Likes