Sublime Forum

Different colors for sidebar files according to git status

I was just helping a colleague with something and saw this feature in the Atom editor which looks incredibly useful. Here’s an example image from this StackOverflow question:

Does anyone have any update on this sort of functionality for Sublime because it’d be incredibly useful? It’s one of 2 major features that are making me consider alternative IDE’s.

1 Like

As I know, Atom is text editor :slight_smile: Not IDE :slight_smile:

For me it is no. 1 functionality to add to ST3.

SublimeHQ is working on popups so as we see they listen people :slight_smile: Maybe they will add that?

P.S

If it would be possible do it with SVN also ;D Not only GIT :slight_smile:

I hope as soon as possible …

1 Like

Strong +1. Switched back to Sublime for the 3131 build, only to get setup, configured, and to switch back to Atom after this feature doesn’t exist.

I hear it’s just a matter of opening up the API, like the sidebar icons. Any progress on this?

1 Like

Any news about this? Will it be done? Any sublime text developer seeing this?

0 Likes

1 Like

Yes, I do read the forum. Welcome to the community!

Not currently.

We generally don’t comment on future development plans, as things often change or are re-prioritized. Sometimes we just can’t come up with an implementation we are happy with, so we shelve a feature until we can implement it the way we want or need to.

2 Likes

Sidebar API

Nice! I like sublime text a lot and I guess you guys are doing a great job back there! :wink:

0 Likes

Any updates in this?

1 Like

Would very much like to see sidebar_label color mod for dirty files implemented…
Keep up the great work mate!

1 Like

Waiting for this feature in the slowly but usefull atom since 2015

Any updates?

1 Like

If/when there are updates, we will definitely include them in the release notes.

3 Likes

Is this currently in the roadmap! It would be awesome!!

1 Like

+1 for this feature, and ultimately for adding a sidebar api, can’t wait to see it :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Oh, boy! Please! +1!

I would happily pay for this feature. I would even buy a new license so I can come back do Sublime Text 3 100% and stop using Atom just because of this feature.

0 Likes

The current dev build has git integration, and via a custom theme, or customizing the default theme, you can change the color of file names based on the git status.

2 Likes

Oh. My. God!

Bye-bye Atom. A.k.a. 750mb-freaking-memory-eating-monster.

And bye GitGutter. Thanks a lot for your job!

Well, hello again Sublime Text!

I won’t buy another Sublime Text license.

But, I will buy a Sublime Merge license and give it a shot.

Thanks, Will!

2 Likes

I’m not sure it’s time to say goodbye to GitGutter :wink: diff popups are very handy, if only there’s a way to disable icons but not the popups, and if somehow GG could use ST git integration, that would be the cherry on top of the cake.

3 Likes

0 Likes

True! That or native pop-ups. That would be awesome.

Who knows… Maybe in the next build :wink:

0 Likes

Is it possible to update to a dev build from a regular release?

0 Likes