Sublime Forum

"Diff files" not working

Hi there,
I mark the two files i want to compare,clicks “Diff” and nothing happens.

0 Likes

any errors in the ST console (View menu -> Show Console)?

0 Likes

I having the same issue. the ST console shows nothing. tried restarting the editor, etc.

0 Likes

Do you see anything in the status bar at the bottom of the window when you choose the command? If either of the files can’t be decoded as UTF-8 or if both files are identical, then the only thing that happens is a message to that effect being displayed in the status bar.

A view showing the contents of the diff is only displayed if the files are different and can be decoded.

0 Likes

Thank you!

Oh Man!! I’ve been pulling my hair out thinking that ST3 won’t diff .py files. I could diff text files but not two of my .py files. Now I see that there is a tiny “Files are identical” message in the bottom frame of the window when I select DIFF from the menu with those two files chosen.

I am using the Default.sublime-theme. The bottom window frame is light grey with darker grey text. Those messages don’t really jump out at you. Maybe having it flash or temporarily reverse background/text colors or something would help. Like the OP, I thought nothing at all was happening.

0 Likes