Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3179 on MacOS Mojave

guys i’m looking for the previous dev build (3178) as this one eats 100% CPU and spins up my fans constantly

anybody know where i can get that from?

thanks

0 Likes

Chances are downgrading won’t help. It sounds like the indexer that’s trashing. There are a bunch of caches in /Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3 that you can clean out, try that and then start ST again?

0 Likes

sorry but i’m not seeing anything obvious that was generated this morning

0 Likes

Well, we’re not debugging here, just clean-slating.

0 Likes

ummmmm so like wipe everything and go back to a clean install?

0 Likes

Well, not everything per se. You can remove Backup, Cache and Index folders without losing any packages or configuration. Try that first. In Local you can also remove everything but the License file.

0 Likes

i did that and ran it again but still see two 100% CPU sublime processes running and here come the fans again

0 Likes

ok i deleted again and installed 3176 and now it is behaving

i really think it is 3179 that has the problem - not on my linux machine but on Mojave

hope they can fix it soon

0 Likes

I see increased activity on some kind of crawl action. It fluctuates between 25-90% of CPU.
Killed sublime, then launched once again, now fans are not spinning like crazy.

0 Likes

@Roberts ja i did all of that too but it kept turning my macbook into a jet engine until i went back to 3176

0 Likes

I guess it happened when I opened large project and it tried to do indexing or something like that. Now Sublime is very stable and everything is just fine with latest build 3179.

0 Likes

i was working on the same project as i have been for the last few weeks, installed 3179 this morning, got repeatedly jet-engined after deleting caches etc, gave up and installed 3176 and all is good again

i never had any issues with ST3 on any of my machines except 3179 on Mojave

0 Likes

I had the same problem: plugin_host was the process eating up CPU.
I found (using the debugging technique described here How to find the source of plugin_host maxing out CPU?) that, for me, the culprit was the FuzzyFilePath package, I disabled it and now everything is smooth and silent.

Your mileage may vary but you could find your guilty plugin using the same technique.

0 Likes

@fakefur This is almost guaranteed to be a plugin interaction issue. I’m running 3179 on Mojave with no issues. Plugins sometimes just do really broken things that don’t become problems until Sublime changes the undocumented behavior they were relying on.

0 Likes

well i have almost no plugins installed just a theme and sass and blade highlighting

i have just installed the update to sublime merge (1072 i think) and now it is doing the same thing - veeeerrrrryyyyyy slow window resizing and chomping CPU

sigh

0 Likes