Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3178

Sublime Text Dev Build 3178 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3. Like all Sublime Text Dev Builds, this is available to registered users only.

3178 folds in all the core tech changes that have been made for Sublime Merge. The primary item here is updates to the .sublime-theme system, allowing CSS style color specifications, and the use of variables in a similar manner to .sublime-color-scheme files. We don’t have documentation for these changes yet, but it will be coming, and you can see it in action in Sublime Merge (via Merge.sublime-theme in “Theme - Merge.sublime-package”)

3178 is the first version of Sublime Text built via cross compilation, where it’s now built via clang on all platforms. There should be no user-visible changes as a result of this, but it’s significantly simpler on our side.

7 Likes

Dev Build 3180

THANK YOU!

Also this could just be due to my own config, but pressing return while the “go to symbol in project” popup is active exists the application for this build. Downgrading to 3176 resolved the issue.

0 Likes

Thank you for your work on Sublime Text!

I’ve noticed a visual change in UI on macOS 10.12.6 using default theme for Sublime Text. Title bar became much darker with darker text. Also, the active tab blue indicator is darker.

Build 3175 — top, Build 3178 — bottom:

0 Likes

Go To Definition on a symbol in a CPP file causes this build to evaporate on Win10.

Cheers,

/ Kyle

1 Like

I’m also seeing the crash on goto_definition.
Right-clicking also causes a crash.

Thanks,
Mac

EDIT: This is on Win7.

0 Likes

3178 crashes on my Windows machine when executing goto_definition but it works on my Ubuntu VM.

0 Likes

Is it me or does font rendering seem to have changed? anyone else think their font looks a little different?

Edit: Selecting code seems to be broken. In VISUAL mode if you select the line of code and then go up using the keyboard when it gets so far it stops selecting and starts jumping around.

I’m on Mac

0 Likes

The day I come to the site to see for any News/Updates, a release it posted! LOL Someone was reading my mind :wink:

3178 64bit crashes on Windows 10 when doing a copy/paste either using Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V or when right click on the mouse to copy/paste. Hope a fix is released soon! It’s brought development to a halt here.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Opening splits using Origami is very slow too, had to revert back.

0 Likes

3179 is out now, addressing the crash on windows. The crash appears to have been caused by clang not handling typeid correctly on Windows.

3 Likes

Build 3178 and 3179 do not start maximized on Windows 8.1. Is there a startup switch that makes this possible?

3 Likes

The 3197 syntax testing distribution for CI is broken.

https://travis-ci.org/SublimeText/PackageDev/builds/440436770#L463-L468

$ wget --content-disposition https://download.sublimetext.com/latest/dev/linux/x64/syntax_tests
…
$ tar xf "$(ls st3_syntax_tests_build_*_x64.tar.bz2)"
tar: Removing leading `../' from member names
tar: ../tools/st3_syntax_tests/: Member name contains '..'
tar: ../tools/st3_syntax_tests/LICENSE: Member name contains '..'
tar: ../tools/st3_syntax_tests/syntax_tests: Member name contains '..'
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

$ tar tf st3_syntax_tests_build_3179_x64.tar.bz2
tar: Removing leading `../' from member names
../tools/st3_syntax_tests/
../tools/st3_syntax_tests/LICENSE
../tools/st3_syntax_tests/syntax_tests

I can verify this locally as well.
I’m using the same commands as the Packages repo, so its CI tests will fail too.

1 Like

3179 on Mojave, the font become thinner just like Chrome

0 Likes

Could just be me but 3179 feels snappier. When you install TabsExtra there used a perceptible brief flash when I close a tab, now it’s become almost imperceptible.

0 Likes

I just noticed something that maybe has been happening for a while, but could be a regression. If you open the command palette on Mac (Still on Sierra) and scroll within the command options, the contents of the open file also scroll at the same time.

2 Likes

any plans to fix these two regressions that appeared at the very end of the last dev cycle please?

0 Likes

I also noticed this - I tend to have upwards of a dozen Sublime windows open at the same time, and now they’re all tiny when I open Sublime and need me to maximize each one manually.

0 Likes

Installed Build 3176 and all is good again. Thanks for the reply. I thought it was just me.:smile:

0 Likes

Can confirm: 3179 doesn’t remember the window maximized state (always reverts to non-maximized) – at least on Windows. This is definitely a new/recent bug.

0 Likes

3179 on Mojave, the font become thinner just like Chrome

Mojave removed subpixel rendering at the system level, since subpixel rendering doesn’t make any sense with a high DPI display. This in turn triggered some changes in font rastering to account for the fact that curves are no longer artificially interpolated. As far as I can tell, 3179 became fully compliant with those changes. As an example, here’s a screenshot of some text in Sublime 3179 on Mojave:

And in Text Edit:

Just focus on the font rendering, not the colors. I didn’t bother to get the colors exactly the same. Also don’t focus on the exact scale of the images, since Discourse is messing it up and the images are slightly different sizes.

The point is that 3179 is now correct from a macOS standard font rendering standpoint.

1 Like