Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3161

Dev Build 3161 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev. This should resolve all the outstanding issues from 3158.

5 Likes

With a selectionBorderWidth of greater than 1, the whole text area shifts to the right, leaving a ā€œgapā€ next to the line number of the current line. Also, since the caret does not get shifted, it is not exactly placed between the two characters, but covers a bit of the left character.

0 Likes

Setting integer values in a color scheme causes loading errors that can be hard to recover from: In some setups you need to force close ST and then fix the color scheme using another editor.

To reproduce: create a color scheme override: For the MonokaiFree color scheme that is User/MonokaiFree.sublime-color-scheme, then add:

{
    "globals":
    {
        "selection_border_width": 1
    }
}

Example loading error:

Error loading colour scheme Packages/MonokaiFree/MonokaiFree.tmTheme: globals values must be strings

Using a string value is ok:

{
    "globals":
    {
        "selection_border_width": "1"
    }
}
0 Likes

has there been a recent change that changes the popup font?

0 Likes

I donā€™t believe so. What platform are you on, and what does it look like right now?

0 Likes

Hi Will,

Iā€™m on Windows.
The popups are showing text in the simplest serif font, while the rest of the editor (mainly code and sidebar) are in fira code.

Thanks!

0 Likes

EDIT: Note that my problem had been SOLVED.

I have the same issue with @prmaple too.

The popup text from GitGutter looks like a system default font rather than the one specified via font_face.

But at the same time, the popup from LSP looks good.

So, this may be a GitGutterā€™s problem?

0 Likes

TypeScript and ColorHelper also have this problem, so I guess itā€™s not just GitGutter.

0 Likes

LSP forces system font on popups, while GitGutter sets up some monospace fonts.

The text area of the popup uses the following CSS rule to set fonts.

font-family: "sf mono", "Roboto Mono", "Liberation Mono", Menlo, Courier, monospace;

Your font looks like the Courier which seems an unlucky choice as fallback font.

For a quick fix you can modify the stylesheet being used by GitGutter via command pallet Preferences: GitGutter Popup Stylesheet

Example or which font youā€™d like to see there.

.git-gutter div.highlight {
    font-family: monospace;
}

Note: Some fonts donā€™t support the carriage return symbol being used in diff to display added/removed empty lines.

P.S.:

The toolbar uses font-family: "Roboto Mono", "Segoe UI", monospace; as those fonts turned out to provide the best looking unicode characters.

2 Likes

Works like a charm. Thank you for this info.

1 Like

Just a FYI because it looks like you are a maintainer of GitGutter.

On my Win7 PC, Segoe UI cannot display the toolbar correctly while Segoe UI Symbol could.

After I change the default Segoe UI to Segoe UI Symbol, my toolbar looks good now.

2 Likes

There seems to be an issue with opening multiple sublime instances from the cmd line in windows 10.

If i open a project, then open another project from cmd line, it will sometimes crash. Sometimes it will also crash when i close the second instance.

Pretty reproducible on my machine.

Seeing in this latest build for the first time, but not sure if itā€™s related.

I cleaned out my entire install, removed all packges and user files ā€“ it still happens, though seems to take a bit longer to reproduce.

0 Likes

Iā€™ve just noticed, after coming back to work, that mouse cursor disappears when over the editing area. It shows up elsewhere in the editor.

It works fine at home where I have QHD screen but not at work where I have FHD screen and use system scaling (Mac OS).

It probably has started with 3158 build.

EDIT: It doesnā€™t happen on ā€˜smallestā€™ and ā€˜largestā€™ (native) scaling option but happens with any scaling option in between.

0 Likes

itā€™s not related to the dev builds, see

1 Like