Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3154

See this issue.

It looks like the Vue syntax, which was never updated to the sublime-syntax system, is embedding the JavaScript syntax in a very brittle way. This left it vulnerable to changes in the internal implementation of that syntax. The Vue syntax needs to be updated to include the JavaScript syntax in a more robust manner. This will fix this bug and forestall any future problems that might otherwise result from changes to the JavaScript syntax.

Alternatively, you can put a semicolon after the closing brace. It’s technically mandatory, although the automatic semicolon insertion algorithm will muddle through regardless.

2 Likes

Vue Syntax highlight

@ThomSmith It works after adding a semicolon. Thank you, Sir.
I have a request please (I am not sure if you have already done so and if you have some spare free time ), can you please help fix this case in the vue component package , please ?

I would fore ever be beholden.

Thanks

0 Likes

php & blade hl is gone

0 Likes

@wbond @jps

I’ve tested 3154. There is a regression, – content_margin of overlay_control doesn’t work.

Steps to reproduce:

{
        "class": "overlay_control",
        "layer0.tint": [255, 0, 0],
        "layer0.opacity": 1.0,
        "content_margin": [50, 10]
    },

Also it would be great to have max width option for command palette.

4 Likes

[quote=“addons_zz, post:28, topic:33286, full:true”]
You should use double star ** for exponentiation[/quote]
@gj1118

Furthering this: With the Arithmetic command, Python’s math class module’s constants and functions can be accessed using the math. prefix, e.g. math.sqrt(81), math.pi. Note: ST3 uses Python v. 3.3 so functions added to the math module later than that will not work, e.g. math.gcd(a, b).

1 Like

With the new Command Palette if the cursor is not already on the far right of the entered text, e.g. the user has moved the cursor left to correct a typo letter, then the next time the down key is pressed the cursor jumps to the end of the entered text instead of scrolling down one item in the list of commands. Note that the opposite does not happen when pressing the up key. I suspected that this might be related to the move_to_limit_on_up_down setting, but it happens even when that setting is false.

2 Likes

Up/Down Arrow keys in command list

Same with Materialize theme:

Also with Material theme:

0 Likes

Confirm this behavior. Would like to see up+down to select the prev/next item in the list immediately, too.

0 Likes

Ayu Theme problem with this new version…

0 Likes

Just wanted to show some non-arithmetic use of Arithmetic :slight_smile: I’ve used the Inline Python plugin for this for a long time and having it with a result preview in the command palette is pretty nice, thank you. I would suggest calling the command Evaluate if it will always be able to do this generic python type of eval

I often need to move small groups of bits to weird offsets for hardware development (registers with specific bit fields) and being able to type a binary literal is often much nicer than figuring out how it looks in hex.

7 Likes

I assume it’s already been noticed elsewhere, but I’m seeing the same behaviour with an unmodified Adaptive theme (although Default works); the preview seems to always render in black text, so in Adaptive with the Monokai theme, it’s essentially black on dark gray and unreadable.

0 Likes

Quick note that the arithmetic command is also available in a similar fashion via Insert Nums, which uses a custom syntax for inserting a sequence of numbers, supporting piping of the currently selected text and stop expressions (allows to generate exactly n lines, for example).

3 Likes

hi, guys , I sincerely ask for the Simple Chinese input method in Ubuntu gnome fcitx, all Chinese Linux users are waiting for this feature, 3rd party solution is not perfect for current situation, Can we propose this feature ahead of your agenda?

0 Likes

New command palette doesn’t seem to do fuzzy matching very well. Specifically, whereas before I could type “add” to get “Git: Add Current File”, now it seems to match very stupidly and not learn what is, arguably, my most frequently entered command. Not really sure it’s a bug so much as a (mild) complaint. Should I expect it to be learning my commands?

2 Likes

That sounds more irate than I am. I’m super satisfied with all the development going into sublime lately and think the developers are doing a great job!

2 Likes

Is fix for high cpu usage, that was mentioned in changelog, related to painting? I’ve switched from DA UI theme because it seemed to trigger high CPU usage.

0 Likes

I have also issues with jade/pug syntax…

0 Likes

We don’t ship Jade/Pug in the default packages, so it would probably be best to start by reporting the issue to the syntax developer and they can do a little debugging to see if something in core broke the syntax.

1 Like

you right man, sorry about it.

0 Likes

In terms of the 85% width of the command palette, that was done on purpose for two reasons:

• The preview mode with input params and an HTML preview requires a set width to render the minihtml document inside of
  • Command palette commands with multiple inputs append them after the command name in the text area. There isn’t a way to know how many there will be, or how long they will be, so we need to provide a reasonable max width as the default.

We’ll discuss how best to handle extremely large windows.

1 Like