Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3121

Can you provide some code to reproduce (it appears the package is closed-source)? Does it only affect a certain platform?

I’ve haven’t yet seen issues with relative imports on any of the packages I have that use them (Package Control is an example of extensive usage).

0 Likes

Jon,

I reinstalled 3121 to see if the indexing would settle down. I let it run for a bout 2 hours, and still have 2 sublime processes both using 90%+ CPU.

0 Likes

Just wait. It will be done at one point in the future. It probably depends on the size of your project.

0 Likes

I am on OSX 10.12 GM (sierra). Have seen a lot of crashes with Dev Build 3121, after reverting to fresh - seems like crashes are gone.

@wbond any other information you need?

0 Likes

OSX 10.12 GM (sierra)
Dev Build 3121
Freezing sublime if open .slim files with installed Ruby Slim package

0 Likes

Are you using any custom syntaxes for a common language such as JavaScript?

Also, look in then console to see if there are any messages about indexing.

0 Likes

I don’t have a Sierra VM yet, but it looks like lots of users are having trouble with that OS. I’ll work on seeing if I can find anything.

0 Likes

Console
SublimeLinter: debug mode: off
SublimeLinter: rubocop activated: [’/Users/user/.rvm/bin/rvm-auto-ruby’]
SublimeLinter: reek activated: [’/Users/user/.rvm/bin/rvm-auto-ruby’]
Error loading scope:source.less: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.less in Packages/Ruby Slim/Syntaxes/Ruby Slim.tmLanguage
Error loading scope:source.md: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.md in Packages/Ruby Slim/Syntaxes/Ruby Slim.tmLanguage
Error loading scope:source.scss: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.scss in Packages/Ruby Slim/Syntaxes/Ruby Slim.tmLanguage
Error loading scope:source.erb: Unable to find syntax file for scope source.erb in Packages/Ruby Slim/Syntaxes/Ruby Slim.tmLanguage
Package Control: Skipping automatic upgrade, last run at 2016-09-14 19:19:34, next run at 2016-09-14 20:19:34 or after

After open .slim file, can’t do anything, just force close

0 Likes

@wbond possible that “Pretty JSON” is causing crashes. Disabled it and for few minutes everything seems good.

0 Likes

@wbond nope, crashed again, will try to disable some other plugins as well

0 Likes

Just to complement the feedback of crashes under OSX: 3121-x64 runs smoothly for me under both {Arch, Ubuntu} Linux, no crashes this morning.

0 Likes

The crashes don’t give much info, unfortunately. They happen so quickly and there is no ‘your application has quit unexpectedly’ window. I am on OS X 10.11.6 (15G31) MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012). The project I’m currently working in is Javascript and Python mostly (and html, css, bash). I have another project open occasionally that is C# and Python. I cannot seem to narrow the problem down.

0 Likes

Do you see any info in the OS X Console application?

0 Likes

As mentioned before, only the line:
9/13/16 4:30:55.577 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000019.Sublime Text[13901]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

0 Likes

Alright, I’ve reproduced a crash with the Ruby Slim package. I’ll let you know what I find.

0 Likes

I can crash sublime by pasting this into the Console:

view.show_popup('<div style="font-family: monospace">hello</div>')

only tested on OSX so far.

0 Likes

how you figured that out i do not know, but confirmed, it crashes for me as well. :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

:smiling_imp:

I’ve been seeing this crash for months and today I noticed that it happened in response to sublime trying to pop up some kind of overlay. Found the suggested Console posts here: Build 3119 crash or freeze on OS X 10.10 . Only the one I posted crashes, the other two are fine.

I am also sometimes seeing crashes the first time I click on the menu bar, but I haven’t seen that with the most recent version yet.

0 Likes

What build of ST3 are you using? Do you have Menlo installed on your machine?

0 Likes

Build 3121, yes I have Menlo.

0 Likes