Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3121

Do you see any info in the OS X Console application?

0 Likes

As mentioned before, only the line:
9/13/16 4:30:55.577 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000019.Sublime Text[13901]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

0 Likes

Alright, Iā€™ve reproduced a crash with the Ruby Slim package. Iā€™ll let you know what I find.

0 Likes

I can crash sublime by pasting this into the Console:

view.show_popup('<div style="font-family: monospace">hello</div>')

only tested on OSX so far.

0 Likes

how you figured that out i do not know, but confirmed, it crashes for me as well. :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

:smiling_imp:

Iā€™ve been seeing this crash for months and today I noticed that it happened in response to sublime trying to pop up some kind of overlay. Found the suggested Console posts here: Build 3119 crash or freeze on OS X 10.10 . Only the one I posted crashes, the other two are fine.

I am also sometimes seeing crashes the first time I click on the menu bar, but I havenā€™t seen that with the most recent version yet.

0 Likes

What build of ST3 are you using? Do you have Menlo installed on your machine?

0 Likes

Build 3121, yes I have Menlo.

0 Likes

What version of OS X?

0 Likes

Iā€™m running OSX 10.10.5

0 Likes

Ok, Iā€™ve reproduced the error on this version of OS X if I paste view.show_popup('<div style="font-family: monospace">hello</div>') twice into the console. Thanks!

0 Likes

Crashing for me as well while editing SCSS files. Running OSX 10.11.6

Also, I can produce a crash each time by hitting Tools > Developer > Show Scope Name (cmd+shift+P)

0 Likes

Sorry, I can also produce a crash by Diff with Tab. In my personal case comparing _buttons.scss with _buttons.scss crashes Sublime. However, if I, say, compare two _forms.scss, it doesnā€™t crash.

Iā€™m using Kaleidoscope as a diff tool.

0 Likes

Hi Will, my first analysis was wrongā€¦ Itā€™s easier than thatā€¦ ā€œurllib.parseā€ is no longer available on Linux (ā€œurllibā€ contains only ā€œrequestā€). ā€œurllib.parseā€ still present on Windowsā€¦

This look like a bug in Sublime Text 3121. Can you confirm ā€œurllib.parseā€ should be present ?

0 Likes

Module error when running a plugin

I can confirm it should be. I can also confirm that I just installed 3121 on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and x32 and both have both urllib.request and urllib.parse importable from the console.

0 Likes

We should have a fix out in a little while for OS X users experiencing instability.

2 Likes

Great work! Thanks for the quick fix. And I havenā€™t seen the crash yet today! (now that I said that I probably will!)

0 Likes

Seems like this may have already been addressed, but Iā€™ve been experiencing instability on OSX 10.11 with latest build. It ā€œappearsā€ for me to be related to SCSS.

Iā€™ve tried to make it reproducibleā€¦ with no luck. I just know if I have the SCSS package enabled and Iā€™m working on any Jade/JS/SCSS file things will eventually close out on me, with it disabled things appear to be much more stable.

Sorry for lack of info, but thatā€™s really all Iā€™ve come to so far.

0 Likes

Strange, I still confirm I have the problem on Ubuntu 14.04 x64
This problem is also reported on ElementaryOS Loki

I ve used the tarball not the .dev (may explain)

> import urllib
> dir(urllib)
['__builtins__', '__cached__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__path__', 'request']
0 Likes

Is this with a fresh install, or do you have packages installed? Perhaps a package is adding something to sys.path?

I checked with both the .deb and the .tar.bz2, both show:

>>> import urllib
>>> dir(urllib)
['__builtins__', '__cached__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__path__', 'error', 'parse', 'request', 'response']

Here is what the sys.path looks like:

>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['/home/wbond/Downloads/sublime_text_3', '/home/wbond/Downloads/sublime_text_3/python3.3.zip', '/home/wbond/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages']
0 Likes