Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3107

Dev Build 3107 is out now at https://www.sublimetext.com/3dev, resolving a few regressions in 3106

7 Likes

In JS, addListener method is not scoped properly (has different highlight than setValue method.

'use strict';

class Foo {
  setValue(name, value) {
    return new Promise(resolve => preferenceObject.set({value}, resolve));
  }

addListener(name, callback) {
  }
}
0 Likes

Icons and tab bars are working perfectly!

1 Like

This should be resolved by https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/commit/f8562c85f0e136edb5d99aea4c376774ace070aa

1 Like

I’ve applied this fix manually. Looks good now.

0 Likes

Sublime on 3107 Windows 7 has pretty high idle CPU usage. It’s around 20% on a single core!

Additionally, after a while I see some sublime_text.exe /crawl processes which a lot of CPU, too. And they keep running until I quit Sublime.

0 Likes

Sidebar icons are back for me too. I have noticed though that when I first open Sublime Text, if I have a folder open in the sidebar from a previous session, icons for files in that folder will occasionally (not always) be missing. When they are missing, they are drawn as soon as I interact with the sidebar or open a new tab. I can observe this behavior with both the default theme or a custom theme. (This is on Windows 10.)

0 Likes

What languages are part of your project? Is JS part of it?

0 Likes

Can we get the change-log pop-up window with some mini-html as an API feature? Would be excellent to display help files etc.

0 Likes

Any news on the issue with “jump to symbol (cmd+R)” not working anymore? I noticed someone pointed it out in the 3106 thread, but didn’t see any other mention of it. I’ve tried exiting out of ST completely and multiple files, none of them are working anymore.

0 Likes

There was a bug with Goto Anything and JS where named functions inside of an anonymous function passed in a method/function call would not appear in the command palette. It has been fixed on GitHub, but it not part of build 3107. It will be part of 3108.

0 Likes

Great, thanks for the quick update on that!

0 Likes

In my tweaked theme I’ve been using a little animation for tabs_dropdown_button, scroll_tabs_left_button and scroll_tabs_right_button on mouseover/mouseout like this:

{
        "class": "show_tabs_dropdown_button",
        "content_margin": [12, 11],
        "layer0.texture": "MyTheme/assets/tabset-list.png",
        "layer0.opacity": { "target": 0.3, "speed": 2.0, "interpolation": "smoothstep" },
        "layer0.inner_margin": 0
    },
    {
        "class": "show_tabs_dropdown_button",
        "attributes": ["hover"],
        "layer0.opacity": { "target": 0.6, "speed": 5.0, "interpolation": "smoothstep" }
    },

After this update I’ve noticed the animation happening when I mouse over any tab or tabset background, not just those buttons. It’s working fine if I simply use "layer0.opacity": 0.3 and "layer0.opacity": 0.6

0 Likes

Yes and No. In my project is a compiled Sphinx HTML documentation with some Javascript, but mostly Python.

0 Likes

Update: the idle CPU usage might be due to the sidebar. After closing it, the issue seems to be gone. I’m using the “SoDaReloaded Dark” Theme.

Edit: No, that was a false guess. Still issues with sidebar closed and default theme.

The CPU usage is quite interesting. It uses around 25% on a single core (3% on 8 cores) for about 5 minutes and then it stops using a lot of CPU with a last peak of100% usage and a memory peak as well:

0 Likes

Update 2: Oh. Somehow a (big) network share managed to slip into my project folders :slightly_smiling:

I guess this is the cause of my CPU issues. I’ll come back if this happens again…

0 Likes

@schlamar Thank you for taking the time to follow up about the CPU usage.

0 Likes

could you please generate a release with the javascript symbol recognition fix discussed in here: Dev Build 3106 ?

I’d like to test it, yet there’s no new release since that fix.

thx

0 Likes

In 3107, dot-prefixed expansions are no longer working with Emmet. Shortcuts like this: .rowtab do nothing. Reinstalling Emmet didn’t work. Reverted to 3106, expansions work there. Anyone else?

0 Likes

ST3 w/ Emmet CSS Files not recognized

You can just download the packages to your user folder and test them that way without waiting for a release.

0 Likes