Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3072

Hey, why don’t you response to this bug github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/571 ? I mentioned it many times. Is it impossible to fix?

0 Likes

Thanks for the update!

I’ve noticed the new changelog window doesn’t allow copying. It may be handy if you are documenting ST features :slight_smile: I can still check the changelog on the website, but maybe it was an oversight?

0 Likes

There seems to be an issue with goto symbols not doing anything and with the following error in the console:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 535, in run_ return self.run() File "symbol in C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default.sublime-package", line 108, in run File "symbol in C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default.sublime-package", line 86, in navigate_to_symbol File "symbol in C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default.sublime-package", line 54, in open_location AttributeError: 'Window' object has no attribute 'ope_file'

The problem does not appear on all symbols but I don’t know exactly what is the difference between those working and those failing, sorry :frowning:

0 Likes

Looks like a typo got introduced in this build, I’ll do a new build tomorrow with a fix.

Guillermo: selection isn’t implemented, unfortunately :frowning:

Singwong: I haven’t had a chance to look into it yet

Benj: I’m glad your enjoying them! There’s some pretty cool stuff planned for next month.

0 Likes

Thanks Jon. This release made me really happy. Would love to see you in Person, if you’re in Melbourne we would love to host you at REA.

0 Likes

Jon, could you please take a look at the Build System thread.

0 Likes

This is already pretty cool stuff! :smile:

By the way, the new changelog window would be incredibly useful as an API as well! Plugins could display information in (mini) html such as documentation, summary of git information, formatted markdown etc. Support for the pre tag would be pretty good for that.

0 Likes

Just to confirm, I also see these errors with Goto Symbol in Project / Goto Definition. In PHP I can go to instanc methods, but not to static methods. Goto Defintion (CTRL + R) works with both.

Still, it’s great to see updates!

0 Likes

Changelog in html in new build? :astonished:
I wish You would back to good old Sublime new tab with this stuff :cry:

0 Likes

+1, I would definitely use it in my plugin if it was available :smile:

0 Likes

Other than what I can gather from the changelog popup, what is “minihtml”?

0 Likes

[quote=“Grant”]

Other than what I can gather from the changelog popup, what is “minihtml”?[/quote]

It’s what powers the new tooltip API. It’s a HTML parser.

0 Likes

Tooltip bug report: Maybe someone already mentioned this but here you go:

1. create tooltip from console: view.show_popup('<a href="res://Packages/Default/Icon.png">test</a>', on_navigate=print)
  2. Change tab with keyboard with command+option+right/left (on mac)
  3. tooltip doesn’t disappear and I can only make it disappear when I go back to the view in which it was created
0 Likes

Hey Thanks! Much appreciated =)

0 Likes

Awesome stuff!

I swore I wasn’t going to ask for any more tooltip stuff, but what about borders? Surprisingly, I really have a hard time with not having CSS borders. I didn’t think I’d care, or I guess I thought I could work around not having borders, but faking borders on inline elements seems impossible.

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Benj: I’m glad your enjoying them! There’s some pretty cool stuff planned for next month.[/quote]

I’ll be looking forward for that! :smiley:

0 Likes

I’m disapointed.

The new build destroyed my development environment. Calling my XML checker does not work anymore and I cannot see how to select the build system of my choice.

Please revert these changes and don’t waste too much time for HTML bells and whistles.

0 Likes

@tgkeul

This is a dev build. You have some nerve to be complaining about the bugs. Find your latest stable build and turn off auto update.

0 Likes

[quote=“tgkeul”]I’m disapointed.

The new build destroyed my development environment. Calling my XML checker does not work anymore and I cannot see how to select the build system of my choice.

Please revert these changes and don’t waste too much time for HTML bells and whistles.[/quote]

Wow, to be honest, I’m throughly disappointed in you. I mean, seriously, how could anyone with a need for Sublime Text (i.e., anyone with programming experience) make a comment like the above?

Moreover, since you seem to need some guidance:

1. This is a Dev Build, which naturally means there are going to be some bugs and features which are in-progress.

2. I think it would be significantly more reasonable for you to revert back to what ever released was working than to request that the entire development process be halted so you can have your XML checker again.

3. If your “development environment” is so easily destroyed, going forward, you probably should stick to stable releases.

That said, back to the topic at hand: I’m really enjoying the development pace! I’ve been a Sublime user for some time now, but the recent action has given me the motivation to try my hand at plugin development. Keep up the good work!

0 Likes

I’m using SR since 2008 and have a licence since 2009. I was comfortable with most dev builds for ST2 and ST3. But not with this one.

0 Likes