Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2136

Dev Build 2136 is out now, with a few miscellaneous changes

0 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Few more things (aside of these):

1. I think Ctrl+0 should act like a toggler (focus sidebar then focus back the view)
  2. the sidebar should be highlighted more when it has focus
  3. when i hit ctrl+n and the sidebar is focused, the new file should be saved on selected folder

As a side note, i noticed few differences on how things work. Eg: ctrl+n on when the focus is on find panel create a new file, but ctrl+s on the same situation doesn’t do anything.

0 Likes

I am new for Sublime Text.
But,I love it,so great work,thanks!

0 Likes

I found it,maybe is a bug:
in the Default (Windows).sublime-keymap
{ “keys”: “ctrl+k”, “ctrl+0”], “command”: “unfold_all” },
{ “keys”: “ctrl+k”, “ctrl+j”], “command”: “unfold_all” },
maybe it should be:
{ “keys”: “ctrl+k”, “ctrl+0”], “command”: “unfold_all” },
{ “keys”: “ctrl+k”, “ctrl+j”], “command”: “fold_all” },

0 Likes

[quote]OSX: Improved open file behavior when no windows are currently open
[/quote]

Sublime is still not respecting “open_files_in_new_window” when “remember_open_files”: is set to true and Sublime is closed.

0 Likes

1: But there are keys for toggling to a buffer anyway. Seems redundant.
2: Agreed, or some kind of active state.
3: +1

0 Likes

Regarding the new find in files features, specifically “Open Files and Open Folders may be added separately to the Find in Files panel” but it’s actually been like it since the “replace” feature was added I think, how do I search in just certain file types in all folders.

Basically what I want to do a lot it just search through *.php files in the current project.

Before I’d select “” in “where” and “.php" in “files” (or whatever it was called). Now I can do ".php” which appears to do nothing, or I can do “” which searches all files in the project.

I no longer know how to limit find in files to just .php in the project. It appears that anything that goes in “where” is now an “or”-type filter. As such, something like ",.php" searches all files in open folders and then presumably any open files that have php as an extension (although I really don’t know what typing in “.php" to “where” does, I’m guessing here - and actually I’m wrong because if I have a js file and a php file open, and type ".php” into “where” it says “searching 0 files” so whop knows what that does). I’ve even tried “/*.php” and “*.php” to no avail.

Am I missing something obvious regarding file filtering or has the feature been removed?

Actually I’ve just noticed another interesting thing:

If you type “.php," into “where” it says “searching 0 files”. So I have a feeling my idea of ",.php” is correct for what I want, but the filtering is broken.

Sorry for the rambling post, hopefully it makes sense.

0 Likes

alex: something has gone skewif this build with the Where field, so what I’m writing here won’t apply till the next build:

.php": this will search all open files and folders, including only files with the .php extension
",
.php”: this will search all open folders (but not open files that aren’t in an open folder), including only files with the .php extension

0 Likes

Jon, is there any time frame or such to when we’ll be seeing fontStyle attribute?

I’m finding more and more that I’d love to bold out definitions and variables etc. Really missing this at the moment :frowning:

0 Likes

Not before 2.0 is out

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

Not before 2.0 is out[/quote]

Does this mean it’ll be part of 2.* or something you’ll add to 2.0 after release?

0 Likes

I’m not quite sure what you mean - I’m not able to say when it may make it in (or if it will at all), just that I’m going to be thinking about it until 2.0 is out the door.

0 Likes

+1 to all three as well as one more:

1. Change sidebar focus via single mouse click (looks like double-clicking will switch focus, but what if I don’t want to open a file/folder?).

Thanks,
Rob

0 Likes

One more idea (i don’t know if is possible right now via a plugin or something): middle click on a sidebar to be configurable. I would like to create a new file with middle click on a certain folder (or shift+click to create a new folder, etc).

Also, on sidebar (and on editor overall), shift+f10 functionality is missing. That’s a shortcut for right click and some (most?) keyboard have a button between right alt and right ctrl for that.

0 Likes

I’m trying to save a .gitignore file (that is hidden) in C:\Dropbox folder.
I’m getting error: Unable to save C:\Dropbox.gitignore
Un-hiding the file and ST2 saves as expected.

Is not allowing the saving of hidden files by design?

By the way: Win 7x64 ST2 2136 portable edition.

0 Likes

Syntax based code folding

currently, code folding is indentation based, which is good for Python but far from optimal for any other language that uses brackets to delimit code segments (c, c++, Javascript, R, Perl, Matlab… just to name a few). Are you planing to change that?

Here is a short discussion about this:

Thanks!

0 Likes

+1 for this!

0 Likes

I expect to be adding syntax directed folding as an option in the future

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

I expect to be adding syntax directed folding as an option in the future[/quote]

Great to hear! I’m looking forward to seeing this. :smile: Are you planning on using the tm fold markers?

0 Likes