Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2132

Dev Build 2132 is out now, with buttons in the gutter for folding indented regions. You can disable them with the new fold_buttons file setting.

There’s also a fix for a long standing issue that was tripping up SublimeCodeIntel: previously, hiding the auto complete window from an on_modified callback could cause memory corruption, when the on_modified callback was triggered from the auto complete window itself. Doing this will now no longer cause any issues. Please let me know if you still experience any crashes when using SublimeCodeIntel with 2132.

0 Likes

Love it! Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“Axsuul”]

Love it! Thanks![/quote]

Thanks, but how do I disable this? :smile:
The thing is, the Logitech smooth scrolling wheel may scroll a bit by itself when moving the mouse, and with Ctrl pressed (multiple selection, etc) it gets annoying fast.

0 Likes

You can edit the Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap file

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]

You can edit the Default (Windows).sublime-mousemap file[/quote]

thanks!

0 Likes

Note that the currently available Soda Theme doesn’t show the arrows for folding, missing image I think.
And the minimap isn’t refreshed immediately when you fold/unfold using button.

Nice addon Jon, thanks.

startup, version: 2132 windows x64 channel: dev

0 Likes

I knew there was something about code folding that was missing. This is it! Now I’m folding everywhere :smiley:

0 Likes

Nice, thanks!

0 Likes

Why does this exist anywhere in any app, let alone a text editor? Who needs the ability to change the font size on the fly and actually does so enough to make the binding convenient? Especially in something like a text editor. This functionality has always completely baffled me.

0 Likes

I do not like the big triangles everywhere, although I like the general functionality. Would it be possible to print some line numbers in bold (or a sightly different color) and make them click-able instead?

0 Likes

What’s the future of Code Folding, still using indentation as reference or use foldingStartMarker/foldingStopMarker from .tmLanguage ?

0 Likes

I think that might look nice (especially with an on hover hue change) - no additional gutter width too :smile:
But, it’s unconventional so who knows… another suggestion would be to use an additional marker in the bookmarks gutter.

Edited. I’m not an UI expert. I don’t know what I’m talking about. :neutral_face:

0 Likes

Hey man . I never use code folding either, but I noticed that jps implemented code folding markers where code blocks are tab indented.
That is something I’ve never seen before that I can see being useful.

It may be much more usable if there was a single keyboard shortcut for only toggling code folding.
This way it wont be necessary to have folding markers in the gutter to fold code.
In addition, I think pressing enter or space when on a line that has folded code should unfold the code.

For example in the image below, if my cursor is at the red (or anywhere in the code block indicated by blue for that matter except line 15&16)
and I execute a toggle folding keyboard shortcut, the whole code block indicated by blue should fold.
Later, if I’m on the line 12 and I press enter or execute the toggle folding shortcut it should unfold the code.

Again I’m not a usability expert just some :bulb:'s

Edit: it may also be that I need to adjust to the current shortcuts. :neutral_face:

0 Likes

Something very useful about folding I never saw in an editor is the ability to “re-fold”

Image you have a very big class with a lot of methods folded, you are working in a few very related unfolded.

You may want to “unfold” everything in order to look for something.

Then, once you finish, what you want there is “refold”… a manually “refold” takes a lot of time.

0 Likes

I previously tested Dev Build 2131 and now using Dev Build 2132.
There is a problem with the selection. Sometimes I want to select some text by normal dragging and sublime start crazy one line below and also it select more portions of other lines. I was not paying attention and I can’t see a way to reproduce this. This happens with these two dev builds.

Anyone seeing this?

0 Likes

Not new to this build but on Mac, when I trigger opening of a file (from external program) that is already open then ST does not automatically switch to this file.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Sometimes I want to select some text by normal dragging and sublime start crazy one line below and also it select more portions of other lines. I was not paying attention and I can’t see a way to reproduce this. This happens with these two dev builds.
Anyone seeing this?[/quote]

Definitely seeing this too, occasionally. Are you, by any chance, using WordHighlight plugin? I’m not 100% sure yet, but it seems that selection glitching at least happens more often with it installed, both under Linux and Windows XP. The worst part is that I can’t reproduce it properly, though.

What I can definitely say, is that when it happens, selecting text with mouse starts selection one line below of where it should actually be, and if done towards the end of the file, selection ends at the last symbol regardless of where the mouse is.

0 Likes

I’m using WordHighlight. I disabled the add-on for a while after reading your comment, but it happened again. Very difficult to reproduce. I don’t think WordHighlight is the problem. It just happened to me on dev builds. Not in stable.

Is there any way to help with an output, command or something to display some debug information?

0 Likes

[quote=“jps”]Dev Build 2132 is out now, with buttons in the gutter for folding indented regions. You can disable them with the new fold_buttons file setting.
[/quote]

Instead of a triangles it seems the markers should be (+) or (-) in keeping with the Sublime look. Or reduce the size of the triangles.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]I’m using WordHighlight. I disabled the add-on for a while after reading your comment, but it happened again. Very difficult to reproduce. I don’t think WordHighlight is the problem. It just happened to me on dev builds. Not in stable.

Is there any way to help with an output, command or something to display some debug information?[/quote]

ctrl+tilde

sublime.log_commands(True)
0 Likes