Sublime Forum

Desperately need Menu Hide in Distraction-Free mode in Linux

I’m a big fan of Sublime.

I’m on the verge of byuing a license, but there’s one big thorn: I can’t hide the Menu in Distraction-Free mode in Linux. (Mint Cinnamon, to be specific, but from what I read it’s a general problem in Linux, certainly distros with Gnome. Ubuntu w/ Unity being an exception.)

I know there are weird workarounds that involve installing some global-menu functionality for my Gnome. I also know they don’t allow as easy Menu disabling and enabling - and are quirky on Cinnamon.

Please, just fix it - for Gnome and maybe other window managers too. If it’s a problem to do a universal Menu Hide in Gnome, at least do it for Distraction-Free. Otherwise it’s NOT distraction free. Firefox somehow manages it without a hitch (in its full-screen mode, F11).

If it’s a problem that I continue using Sublime despite not paying, let me know. I’ve been thinking to give WebStorm a try.

Regards.

0 Likes

This is maybe fixed in the latest development release (3054). Haven’t checked myself, but the change log talks about fixes to Linux menu hiding.

0 Likes