Sublime Forum

Deleted folders by accident; where do they go?

I recognize I did something silly, but i’m looking for the easiest way to fix it. I used Appcleaner to finally get rid of ST2. But I didn’t pay close enough attention to what it was deleting. So of course, it cleared out my ST4 preferences etc too. So now my question is, where do I put these things back, so I can continue on my way with ST4? When I launch it, all my preferences are gone and it’s unregistered, too. Sigh.

These are the things it deleted that are 4-related:

Folders:

com.sublimetext.4
com.sublimetext.4.savedState
com.sublimetext.4 13-42-41-722.4
Sublime Text 13-42-41-718
Sublime Text (I think it’s 4-related)

File:
com.sublimetext.4.plist

Thanks for helping me recover from my carelessness!

0 Likes

All of your user preferences go into the so called “Data” folder; that is not the actual name of it (except in a Windows Portable build), but rather a concept.

The location differs depending on the OS, but the easiest thing to do is use Preferences > Browse Packages, which will open a file browser on the Packages folder; the folder that Packages sits in is the “Data” folder.

The folder that contains Packages also contains Local and Installed Packages, which are the main interesting things. The license file and your saved session information is in Local, most packages get installed into Installed Packages, and Packages/User is where your preferences sit; there may also be other things in the Packages folder, but don;t be alarmed if it’s not the whole list of packages that you know you have installed, since most packages install into Installed Packages directly.

1 Like