Sublime Forum

Default Window Geometry

So, I’m a bit anal about the positions of the windows on my computer screen, and it bothers me that there doesn’t appear to be a good way (besides writing yet another plugin) to control the default position of new windows in ST2. Through Session.sublime-settings, it’s possible to set the default width and height of new windows, which is great, but not their default position.

By default, the ST2 window is centered on the Mac, and it nicely takes into account the height of the Dock. However, for whatever reason, it doesn’t center windows completely correctly, and they’re set 7px higher than my other centered windows (perhaps it’s not taking into account the height of the status bar, or has a predefined size for the Dock?). Luckily, I have keyboard shortcuts set to resize windows to predefined positions and settings, but I’d love to be able to set the default position through the settings. Windows save their position dutifully through the position setting, but there isn’t a way as far as I can tell to supply a default one. Any chance this could get added or implemented?

(I’m running the latest nightly build on OS X 10.8)

0 Likes

Hate to bump threads, but thought it might be worth to bring up again (I’m hoping this catches Jon’s eye). Added this as a feature request too: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/1 … -position/

0 Likes