Sublime Forum

Default Settings using Tab

Hi Guys,

i am realy angry and i dont know that i can do.
In EVEN file i open/create in sublime text 3 it even use spaces i use tabulator.
For example:

• i create a new blank file and press tab > 4 spaces
  • i donwload one if my projects from git and open a file > only spaces (in each other editor there are tabs)
  • i create a file in nodepad++ with tabs, save it and oben with sublime > all spaces

Is there any default setting with i can set to use tabs and no spaces?
and no, i dont want to change it each file… sometimes i have hundret of files.

best regards
padhie

0 Likes

Do you have the following setting set? If yes, it might be the reason. This will make ST to translate any leading tab to space as the name says.

"translate_tabs_to_spaces": true

You might find it in the Preferences or Syntax Specific Settings.

To quickly check, whether it is enabled for the active view, you can open the console and run

view.settings().get("translate_tabs_to_spaces")
0 Likes

In the default settings is still false and i dont overwrite it :confused:
In the Syntax Specific Settings is the same (false and dont overwrite). That was my first idea too but it isn’t :frowning:

I dont know with console you mean. In Sublime i only know the Package Control

0 Likes

Control-backtick (ctrl-`) will bring up the console for you. You can then type the above in that box. If it comes back true, then you know.

0 Likes

@jnials
the shortcut dont work for me (windows). i change it and can open in :3 thanks

@deadalnix
on the sublime console they call “false” if i use the command

0 Likes

Than the tabs may be added by a third party package. I tried with my ST and even vanilla install without packages. Both work properly.

I know Tab-Nuker-Nuker to manipulate tabs on the fly. Not sure if there other plugins doing same things.

0 Likes

Docs reference

0 Likes

@deathaxe havbe you any why for me to find out with plugin it could be make this without deactivate each plugin?

0 Likes

I guess there is no other way as disabling one by another. There are too many packages out there who could be responsible.

0 Likes