Sublime Forum

Default Browser will not open in Mac OS Sierra

After I updated to Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73) yesterday, sublime will only open .html files in safari even though chrome is set as the default browser. I do not even receive an option to open in another browser. I contacted apple support and we could only find problems with sublime. all my other software will use Chrome as specified by the OS. Please help! I need to use chrome for the developer tools. I am using sublime build 3126.

Tested with Apple, Microsoft and Slack software and none are having problems. I am only having this problem with Sublime.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Its not an issue with a link.

0 Likes

sorry, my bad - couldn’t remember if ST uses the same code path or not:

0 Likes

I noticed the exact same issue, very annoying. It’s hard to say if it’s an Apple bug or Sublime. Apple induced the issue, but Sublime is the only app that seems to be affected on my system, so my guess is that there’s a new API or something rolled out in 10.12.5 for apps to launch browsers and Sublime doesn’t support the new code or something. Hopefully it gets fixed soon by whoever.

Interestingly mine was opening FireFox (which I have loaded but never use). So I deleted Firefox but now it only opens Safari. Apparently it hates Chrome! LOL

0 Likes

I upgraded to Sierra recently and just noticed this too, very annoying. I uninstalled Firefox (up pops Sierra) and Chrome; I then reinstalled them in different orders but that made no difference.

Maybe this issue is related to Python Issue30392: default webbrowser fails on macOS Sierra 10.12.5?

0 Likes

I just updated to the dev builds to get build 3133 and it solved this problem for me. See https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/1714

0 Likes